X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tacmig
    replied
    But, but, but, but......

Oh man, I thought I had you guys beat with no margin hands down. SignWave indeed has show potential unlike anything I have ever seen nor heard of. The stunning amount of ignorance and injury displayed herein is truly inspiring to me. I knew there had to be a retreat some where , where all were created equally stupid and not in the lease bit too humble to share their true talent. I just don't know why we have to grow up, get a little wiser and be stripped of our ability to do additional great bodily harm. It just doesn't seem fair. I know that for some of us, inflicting bodily harm even to this day with flashes of true stupidity can still occur, but never to the days of our wonderful youth. It seems that today, we just break things trying to avoid injury and although much stupidity plays a role, the lack of great bodily injury is without a doubt, depressing.

"Oh the torment of wisdom"

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    hmmm. Hey TacMig

Allow me to start by saying: Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!
    Im glad im not the only one!!!

Say... Thems some se xy legs ya got there big fella!

I also have 12 stitches in my left shoulder for body checking a glass door while in high school.. Never felt a thing except for that warm/cold feeling of something soaking my nice white T-shirt...

Tell ya what TacMig... I'll stay away from the glass as there seems to be a pattern evolving here... and you might consider avoiding molten metal... Did I mention that I used to do alot of stained glass? I also broke alot of windows when I was a kid... Why? Why not? they were there...Come to think of it.. Ive done alot of really stupid things in my life... But I learned something new from every one of them!!!
    And thanks for Sharing.. The anticipation was killing me!

beleive it or not.. about 5 years ago some framer in my city got nailed in his head by a pneumatic gun.. No brain damage, walked into ER and the doctor pulled it out gave him a teta nus*** shot and away he went.... I wonder if the doctor used a claw hammer to pull the nail out...
    Last edited by SignWave; 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    BROKE A NAIL???!!! YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, sorry, not midnight yet!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    So ....you saying there's a chance.

Ok.......I'm going out right now and run with scissors, put my eye out, break my neck, and catch pneumonia. Then, I'll shoot myself in the arm with an air nailer, weave my chest hair with a 7" grinder, and cut my arm off with a bandsaw. This ought to be good for at least a Happy Meal. Here I go........
    damm......broke a nail.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    Too late........chocolate's in the mail
    Monte, you sending us chocolate???
    Oh, Signwave...Did the outside glass on the highrises in Waikiki the first 2 years of my apprenticship. Yeah...it doesn't cut To get the bevels and all the nice stuff, they do it first, THEN send it in to get tempered....

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Oh, btw, if you give yourself a NEW injury within 14 hours from now, ambulance or hospital pics are necessary...No showing old scars
    Remember, YOU guys are doing the voting...NOT ME

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    I dunno....
    Signwave smashing live ammo with a hammer is pretty [email protected] stupid!!!
    tacmig frying his bone with slag, and continuing because of pride.
    tacmig, I think we've ALL done that just NOT as extensive as you!
    I tell you what: I can't decide, and I'm not going to. I'll let YOU GUYS decide!
    My time here says: 9:43am. The last entry and votes by midnight by my clock gets to win!!! Hope they aren't any sore losers, 'cause this is just for fun and to see what other "dumb stuff" people have done! It's just something to help/warn the new guys about!!!
    Monte55, you stilll have about 14 hours to shoot yourself in the hand or foot

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Too late........chocolate's in the mail

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    O.K., the temp class did it!

O.K., here we go. I’m not going to elaborate herein too much and let the account with the photos speak for themselves. This took place when I was younger and knew everything worth knowing, and if I didn’t know it, it was just that “not worth knowing”. I was attending an Iron-Workers event for some off shore guys in Long Beach several years back (way back) and I heard some old timers telling their stories (just like me now) about how us new guys had it so easy. Offended by this I told them they were just bitter old farts and that welding hasn’t changed and further advocated that they had it easier than us “new guys”. If you’re thinking I should have stopped there, think again! Remember I know all and these old guys have nothing to offer me! It goes around for about an hour and ended in a contest on a piece of scrap #7X7/8” EP pipe. The weld was going to be a 5G overhead fixed lying on my/his back. Getting the idea here guys? I’m going to stop here and only include that it was my turn first and I eagerly accepted the challenge wearing only my shorts. When molten steel was having its way diving not just to the bone but even penetrating the bone, most would have stopped. Me, on the other hand? I had pride and a point to prove, I wasn’t stopping for nothing! So I thought, one of the old timers (Larry Templeton) actually unplugged the machine, pulled me out by my arm, hosed me off and said “get into my truck you have an appointment with the Doc. Larry took me to the ER at LB community and hung out with me until my folks came down to attend. I had 3 surgeries removing slag from muscle tissue, tendon and bone. Lost almost all feeling to the face of my lower legs. There is more to the story than this but don’t want to write a book so I will leave out the not so important facts. Larry about 20 years my senior and still a better welder than I will ever be, remains one of my best friends. And his advice to me: “Maybe you should take up other fields in welding” years and years ago, has lead to the success of my business. However the stupidity of that day will forever plague me and has earned me the title of “TacMig” in which I should be limited to tacking with no other than a mig. And as for the squirrel, I was always told that what I did “all though inherently ignorant” took a lot of ba!!s. Now with all this, does anybody remember what I told you I did to my berries straddling the pipe I just cut with O/A a while back on the injury thread? That was after the above said incident!

Beat that!

\TacMig
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• uhohjim
    replied
    Originally posted by SignWave View Post
    Just two months ago....

In case youre wondering, and want to know, You cannot cut tempered glass.

Table is 4x8 feet, glass is 1/2 inch thick and weighs aprox 225 pounds..
    OOPS I hate when that happens lol

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    I can cut tempered glass......just not in straight lines......and the pieces don't match.

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    I have this thing for glass...

Just two months ago....

In case youre wondering, and want to know, You cannot cut tempered glass.

Table is 4x8 feet, glass is 1/2 inch thick and weighs aprox 225 pounds..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    Elvis Said...

Thank you ... Thank you very much.

Monte, Its a NUMB & SE XY finger wart... Get it right! If you want I can show you how to do it...????? Hm?

Mmmmm I havent had macadamia nuts in a long long time...Yummy. I knew there was a reason why I was dumb enough to do something so stupid...

Ive had this dam thing on my finger for almost 25 years, no , not quite, 17 years. I have to be careful I dont hook it on stuff because then it hurts like a mf'er and the doctor will not remove it because he figures its a gamble and I would then have to heal for a predetermined time (3-6weeks) Uhg.. Its the Dumass injury that keeps on giving and reminding... Im willing to bet that once im dead, buried and rotten IT'LL STILL BE THERE!!!!!!

Im not sure whether I should be proud or embarrased...

TACMIG, you cant win if you don't buy a ticket.
    Last edited by SignWave; 03-30-2008, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Whoa........wait a minute. Ya mean all I had to do was shoot myself in the hand by midnight and I got free candy. Hey.....next time give us the rules.
    damm. Lost out to a finger wart.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Prize for the candy ends at Midnight my time (I don't know how the time is set by Miller or Hawaii, but I WILL be honest, and just choose the winner by what time the last post was, and choose who wins the BABOOZE award)...
    So far...it's SIGNWAVE!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X