Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheat
    replied
    Great job to both you guys on the bike racks. Love it, I might have to make one now...

Leave a comment:

• rl.robertson
    replied
    Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    Would love to get the plans you made for the shoe rack and bike rack (if you have them...)

About the shoe rack.... Would you have done anything differently regarding that rack ? Say, maybe putting the shoe holding sufaces on a bit of an incline or anything like that or anything else ?

Cheers,

/J.......

Leave a comment:

• cc51
    replied
    Good job

I think it's great that a student has the talent and interest to take on these kind of projects! Planning and welding looks good.

Leave a comment:

• accardmi
    replied
    I really like the shoe rack

I really like the shoe rack. I've been thinking of building one since my wife has so many shoes. Would love the plans if you still have them. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• jimmy_pop
    replied
    seeing that stand and bike pics makes me miss my bikes!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• billybee60
    replied
    Racks

Very nice work. Keep at it, experience is a great teacher. Also this site is a great resource.

Leave a comment:

• wroughtnharv
    replied
    Love seeing the young'ns welding up a storm.

I see welding as a key to independence. If you can weld then you can make what ever you can imagine up.

I've imagined up a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Jordin94
    replied
    hello

hey do u hav the plans on how to build that bike rack cause i would love to hav it for a school project thank u

Leave a comment:

• shorerider16
    replied
    Thanks guys! I'll try and get some pictures of some of my weld samples from my c-level course, but since I don't have a digi cam it may take a while.

Dustyhaze75: If I remember corectly ( ) the shoe rack cost about $70 in material, time on the other hand....

Leave a comment:

• Dustyhaze75
    replied
    shoe rack

nice welds. expensive shoe rack. How much did it cost to make?

Leave a comment:

• Black Wolf
    replied
    Shorerider16,

I'm with Signwave, projects look good. You have experience with SMAW, GMAW & GTAW. The GTAW closeups show a lot of promise for that short of a period on the machine. You appear to have a very good hand-eye co-ordination. A little more helmet time and attention to detail will make a world of difference. For the record, I wouldn't mind telling anyone those were MY welds, so good for you.

As for the GMAW issue with the PowerMig 255 - give me half an hour with you, I'll give you some setting on that machine that run like butter.

If it ain't BLUE, don't bother.... Nahhhhh..... If it isn't RED & BLACK, It has to go BACK!!!!!

Later,
    Jason

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    Nice projects SR and nicewelds on the shoe rack,but Im wondering though... Do you think that the shoe rack is strong enough to support the weight of all the shoes it could hold??

Leave a comment:

• shorerider16
    replied
    And finally a few more close ups.

By the way, if anybody is interested in (rudimentary) plans, I thinks I still have them and wouldn't mind giving you a copy.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• shorerider16
    replied
    Try not to laugh...

2nd project in grade 11, no lie, was a shoe wrack. But not just any shoe wrack, one that could survive the appocalypse and a sumo wrestler sitting on it. To achieve this I constructed it out of 1*1*1/8 square tubing and 1*1/8 flatbar. Since I was trying to make up for the abortion that was my previous attempt (now resting happily in the Baily landfill ) I decided to go all out and Tig er up. At this point I had mabye 2-3 hours on the Tig machine, and self taught. Red Precision tig 175 with 3/32 2% thoriated tungsten.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X