X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-about-design
    replied
    same internals?

I would question the statement that the MM and HH have the "same internals" as I have been told by several different lws sales people otherwise.

In my mind it also makes sense since there needs to be a way to account for the price differences.

I do know a couple of people that have older HH machines and have had circuit board issues after use for a while.

Just my humble opinion...hope it helps..

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by sberry View Post
    Dan likes the arc quality of the HH, I have one too and its a great running machine. I like mine as a second but if I was working 1/4 a lot or didn't mind the few extra dollars I would get the MM, it is still a better machine but costs a little more and you can use large spools of wire in it.
    Most definitely, if my primary material was 1/4", and a fairly decent volume of it, I'd go with the MM210/212 over the lighter duty HH 210.

Like Cary (Sberry) for my needs, I tend to view these smaller compact units as a second unit in the fleet, my primary being a 250 amp unit, don't know what that makes my MM 210. Granted for most of my work a HH 187 or HH 210 would be fine, but neither would have worked very well for when i had to butt weld together, length wise, two pieces of 1 1/2" X 3"X 39" flat bar.

Another avantage to some maybe the fact that the MM212 has a 15' gun instead of the 10' on the Hobart. No longer length of gun available for the Hobart. Yes, the spool gun would be an option for a longer reach, but there are limitation to places were you can get the spool gun into
    Last edited by Danny; 11-02-2007, 11:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Dan likes the arc quality of the HH, I have one too and its a great running machine. I like mine as a second but if I was working 1/4 a lot or didn't mind the few extra dollars I would get the MM, it is still a better machine but costs a little more and you can use large spools of wire in it.

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    I have the Millermatic pulser, which is really a 210 with pulsed spool gun for aluminum. Had it about 5 yrs now with zero issues, same gun and all. i dont know about the Hobart, never used the 2 side by side, but in my opinion the 210 is a great machine. I think the new Miller 210 is now the 212, not sure would have to go look

Leave a comment:

• jake
    replied
    when i was lookin at some of the smaller 1xx series welders they were the same with the exception of miller had a nicer gun and blue. the guy at the lws said the internals are the same just differnt cover and gun

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    started a topic 210 v 210

210 v 210

I'm in the market fo a 210 mig welder and was really only considering a MM 210 or 212. Over at the Hobart site they seem to really like the HH210 and one person seemed to prefer it over Miller but I'm not sure why. Anyone have any comments?????????????
Working...
X