X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonora Iron
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by bikemonster View Post
    Anyone else feel like they're watching the Teutuls (senior and junior) on American Chopper?
    Time for a

Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

• Bert
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
      Time for a

WOW! Little too g@y for you to be posting that pic
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

• Sonora Iron
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        WOW! Little too g@y for you to be posting that pic
        Want to tell them that? Within arms reach?
        Caution!
        These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

• ASKANDY
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
          Drilling all those holes is about as much fun as doubling the load carrying capacity of a 33' travel trailer.

At least this "Heavy Duty Welding Table" won't kill someone when it fails due to lack of welding skill/knowledge of fabrication.
          Had to stir the pot again didn't you.
          Until this post.....everything was fine and informative. Good pics and information.
          So what if he wants to stick weld it or oxy fuel weld it. It wouldn't be my first choice but that doesn't mean all you guys have to blast him. This is a whole different project than the trailer or do some of you just have a woodie for picking at this guy?
          I see all the pi55ing back and forth and everyone has to make a point. Not that I agree with everything that kraythe says or wants to do but it sure looks to me like some people here just lurk around and wait for the chance to start something.
          SDIII's post was the beginning of the end for this tread.

A-

Comment

• Bert
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
            Want to tell them that? Within arms reach?
            Nah, I"m sure they'd kick my @ss! But hmm....men with mini-speedos....hugging and carressing...
            Not my cup of tea
            I'm not late...
            I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

• Jim-TX
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kraythe View Post
              I dont know where you are located at but I have been having trouble finding much other than automotive salvage yards in the area. But then denver isnt a huge steel or metal work capital. There are 4 or 5 metal suppliers in the area that have decent prices. If I cant fidn salvage, I will go with one of them. Out of curiosity, where would you look for such a salvage yard. Hours of calling numbers in the phone book has yielded little. Lots of auto salvage areas but hardly anything else.
              Hours? I just Googled "Denver steel scrap" and got this. Here ya go http://www.superpages.com/yellowpage...S-CO/T-Denver/ Hope this helps.
              Jim

Comment

• kraythe
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ASKANDY View Post
                Had to stir the pot again didn't you.
                Until this post.....everything was fine and informative. Good pics and information.
                So what if he wants to stick weld it or oxy fuel weld it. It wouldn't be my first choice but that doesn't mean all you guys have to blast him. This is a whole different project than the trailer or do some of you just have a woodie for picking at this guy?
                I see all the pi55ing back and forth and everyone has to make a point. Not that I agree with everything that kraythe says or wants to do but it sure looks to me like some people here just lurk around and wait for the chance to start something.
                SDIII's post was the beginning of the end for this tread.

A-
                I will personally commit to not engaging in any replies or that activity myself in the future. I am just as much at fault as others.

Comment

• breauxtus
                  • Jul 2009

Kraythe,

Here is an excellent steel scrap yard. They get drops from some of the large steel supply yards in the area. Most steel scrap goes for $.50 per pound. Great stuff. I get the majority of my stuff from their place. They have everythign from monster I-beams, to plate, to stainess, to aluminum, to you never know.

Good luck. Build the table, then post pics.

Mike

Comment

• kraythe
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by breauxtus View Post
                    Kraythe,

Here is an excellent steel scrap yard. They get drops from some of the large steel supply yards in the area. Most steel scrap goes for $.50 per pound. Great stuff. I get the majority of my stuff from their place. They have everythign from monster I-beams, to plate, to stainess, to aluminum, to you never know.

Good luck. Build the table, then post pics.

Mike
                    Awesome man. Thanks

Comment

• Daniel
                      • Dec 2009

I will personally commit to not engaging in any replies or that activity myself in the future. I am just as much at fault as others.
                      Kraythe man just put him on you're ignore list. Anybody that you feel is a jerk to you. Than you wont get in there and feel you have to tell then off.

Now back on the subject. There should be no problem welding even the heavy stuff with many passes of your oxy/ ace torch, I would use the R65 welding rod " 65 000 # tensile strengh compare to R45 " 45 000 # tensile strenght. I might get killed for even mentionning that.

But hey it's all for the fun of experimenting right

Comment

• kraythe
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                        Kraythe man just put him on you're ignore list. Anybody that you feel is a jerk to you. Than you wont get in there and feel you have to tell then off.

Now back on the subject. There should be no problem welding even the heavy stuff with many passes of your oxy/ ace torch, I would use the R65 welding rod " 65 000 # tensile strengh compare to R45 " 45 000 # tensile strenght. I might get killed for even mentionning that.

But hey it's all for the fun of experimenting right
                        Absolutely. Thanks.

I am thinking I might be able to downsize to 1/4 inch wall on the top frame. 1/2 might be serious overkill for no good reason. My welding instructor told me if I built it with 1/2 I could probably park a car on it. Although overkill is nice, I dont plan to park a car on my table. The feet will still have to be thick plate though just to make sure.

I have never used other than r45 but I will try out the r65. Does it handle differently?

Now if I could just figure out how to fillet weld with a torch, I would be happy.

Comment

• Pass-N-Gas
                          • May 2009

My welding instructor told me if I built it with 1/2 I could probably park a car on it. Although overkill is nice, I dont plan to park a car on my table.
                          Glad to hear my 1" deck with 3x3x1/2 legs won't give out on me..... and yes I park more than a car on mine at times
                          Last edited by Pass-N-Gas; 02-08-2010, 07:18 PM.
                          Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

Comment

• kraythe
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
                            Glad to hear my 1" deck with 3x3x1/2 legs won't give out on me..... and yes I park more than a car on mine at times
                            then you better build it wider. With all those cars parked on it you will need more space.

Seriously, what was the point of that post?

Comment

Working...
                            X