X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metalmanipulator
    started a topic rusted artwork

rusted artwork

I was buying a chemical called scale gone 55 and it would take any scale off and make my projects rust quickly and evenly. I cannot seem to get any reply. could anyone give me a name & address of another product. thanks

• cat
    replied
    be careful using the muriatic acid-don't breathe when using. i quit using it cuz i was tired of feeling like i was suffocating! the method i use is wash with oiler eater and rinse, spray on hydrogen peroxide and rinse. let dry, spray on a chemical i get from king architectural (i think it's amber rust but i would have to go check for sure) which turns the steel copper, keep spraying with water and let dry for a day or 2, then i spritz with krylon lacquer autumn brown which darkens the orangey-rust and also seals it (it does have a sheen tho). or use one of the powder coat "rust" finishes. if you'd like to see some pics of the finishes, let me know. cat

Leave a comment:

• Dustyhaze75
    replied
    don't they use muriatic acid for cleaning driveways? thanks for the tip paul.

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    scale gone = muriatic acid....?

Chances are they are one and the same, just different packaging.

Muriatic acid is hydrochloric acid.

Leave a comment:

• paulrbrown
    replied
    Muriatic acid, avaliable at home depot and lowes, it will rust as drying,Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X