No announcement yet.

rusted artwork

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rusted artwork

    I was buying a chemical called scale gone 55 and it would take any scale off and make my projects rust quickly and evenly. I cannot seem to get any reply. could anyone give me a name & address of another product. thanks

  • #2
    Muriatic acid, avaliable at home depot and lowes, it will rust as drying,Paul
    More Spark Today Pleasesigpic


    • #3
      scale gone = muriatic acid....?

      Chances are they are one and the same, just different packaging.

      Muriatic acid is hydrochloric acid.
      Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

      Miller 251/30A spool
      Spectrum 625
      Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
      Standard modern lathe
      Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
      horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
      Roland XC540 PRO III
      54" laminator
      hammer and screwdriver (most used)
      little dog
      pooper scooper (2nd most used...)


      • #4
        don't they use muriatic acid for cleaning driveways? thanks for the tip paul.
        Syncro250DX Tigrunner
        Victor set
        Elite auto-helmet
        Dewalt Bench grinder
        Mastercraft miter saw
        Mac air tools
        Mac hand tools
        toilet paper


        • #5
          be careful using the muriatic acid-don't breathe when using. i quit using it cuz i was tired of feeling like i was suffocating! the method i use is wash with oiler eater and rinse, spray on hydrogen peroxide and rinse. let dry, spray on a chemical i get from king architectural (i think it's amber rust but i would have to go check for sure) which turns the steel copper, keep spraying with water and let dry for a day or 2, then i spritz with krylon lacquer autumn brown which darkens the orangey-rust and also seals it (it does have a sheen tho). or use one of the powder coat "rust" finishes. if you'd like to see some pics of the finishes, let me know. cat