X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    Originally posted by TJS View Post
    Cool idea. I do not really understand the large top fitting though. Is this just a cap to fill it (what size is that NPT).
    Yeah, that is 2 inch pipe cut off for a filler hole. You use a funnel and pour your media in then cap it tight, using a piece of an old innertube as a gasket.

Also why do you "T" it off and run a hose to the bottom "T". Is this how they are supposed to be. Is this just to induce air into the sand at the bottom "T".
    The air enters the tank above the media (sand) and forces it down and out the bottom, while at the same time, an alternate path of air is routed down outside the tank and then joins the flowing sand at the "T" fitting. This keeps the sand moving with required pressure.

Also what is your safety blow-off set at. I might make one.
    I put a 125 PSI safety valve for a safety blow off. My compressor just about reaches that pressure, and i use the plastic regulator to keep below 100 PSI. Since the photos, i replaced the washing machine water hoses with real hydraulic hoses i got from the Northern Hydraulics catalog. The blaster works excellent. I used to have a siphon type toy from Sears, It always clogged up and generally sucked. But this thing just blasts away rust and paint at an unbelievable rate. I use Black Beauty Abrasive, and i don't choke on silica dust anymore. This is one of the most useful projects i have built.

Leave a comment:

• TJS
    replied
    Cool idea. I do not really understand the large top fitting though. Is this just a cap to fill it (what size is that NPT). Also why do you "T" it off and run a hose to the bottom "T". Is this how they are supposed to be. Is this just to induce air into the sand at the bottom "T". Also what is your safety blow-off set at. I might make one.
    T.J.

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    and the last two

Finished and painted:

Last edited by Joe from N.Y.; 01-03-2010, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    these were cut out of previous message

Leave a comment:

Working...
X