• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kraythe
    • Nov 2009

Hunting ATV/Dune Buggy Plans?

Greetings,

Does anyone know of any plans that cross an ATV and a dune buggy with cargo carrying capacity? Basically what I am looking for is something like a dune buggy so it is not so high as an ATV but with the ability to carry more than just a driver. It should be able to carry also some cargo on a rack, possibly the meat from a deer hunting kill (about 500lbs). In addition, it should be as narrow as possible for small trails. Even a buggy with a single file seating arrangement would be fine.

I suppose I could get plans for a regular dune buggy and alter them but if anyone knows of anything like this, that would be spectacular.

-- Robert
  • smokeythebearguy
    • Dec 2009

is this what your looking for? the company is called ridge runner, but i think they are out of business, it has a yamaha 660 engine.
    Attached Files

Comment

• kraythe
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by smokeythebearguy View Post
      is this what your looking for? the company is called ridge runner, but i think they are out of business, it has a yamaha 660 engine.
      That would be perfect. Any Idea where I could get ahold of plans for that?

Comment

• MMW
        • Sep 2005

try asking over at www.minibuggy.net.
        MM250
        Trailblazer 250g
        22a feeder
        Lincoln ac/dc 225
        Victor O/A
        MM200 black face
        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
        Arco roto-phase model M
        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
        Miller spectrum 875
        30a spoolgun w/wc-24
        Syncrowave 250
        RCCS-14

Comment

• Black Wolf
          • May 2007

When I read your post, I was reminded of a company that made conversion kits back in the early '90s. The kits were made for all the popular makes of ATVs at the time - Kawasaki, Polaris, Honda, Suzuki etc etc, and basically, you converted the 4 wheeler into a 6 wheeler and bolted on a full roll cage as well.

The 3rd axle had full suspension, and was live - It was chain driven off of the OEM rear axle. Kit had a small hauling deck on it, and I believe the company even offered a dump box.

The kit would give you the added weight carrying that you are looking for, without a wide footprint. The full roll cage is icing on the cake.

I haven't seen a brochure in YEARS, but I will do some snooping and see what I can find.
          Later,
          Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

• Daniel
            • Dec 2009

Man I've got to build myself one of those.

Comment

• triptester
              • Jul 2009

Don't know your location or where you plan to use it. In my area UTVs and mini dune buggys are not allowed on ATV trails or public land. Restrictions vary greatly from one location to another.

Rupp use to be a big manufacturer but I have only seen a few offroad gokarts at farm supply stores lately.

Comment

• bear
                • May 2009

Originally posted by kraythe View Post
                possibly the meat from a deer hunting kill (about 500lbs).
                -- Robert
                That would be a heck of a deer.

Why not just buy something like a Kawasaki Terex or that Polaris deal? Probably be better in the long run.

Comment

• kraythe
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by bear View Post
                  That would be a heck of a deer.

Why not just buy something like a Kawasaki Terex or that Polaris deal? Probably be better in the long run.
                  Meat on bone still and rack and you can get there for a big muley but its easy to get that on an Elk.

As for the Kawasaki, what fun would it be to buy it? Id rather build it. If I just wanted a metal table or aluminum shutters or a buggy, Id go buy them. I want to build them to have fun.

Comment

• twisted_g_forge
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by kraythe View Post
                    Meat on bone still and rack and you can get there for a big muley but its easy to get that on an Elk.

As for the Kawasaki, what fun would it be to buy it? Id rather build it. If I just wanted a metal table or aluminum shutters or a buggy, Id go buy them. I want to build them to have fun.
                    Hello, I purchased a set of plans last yr from this site. They're out of Australia but allow downloading of plans I believe still. The plans were good . Haven't gotten around to built yet but still plan on. Might check em out.

Regards
                    J.W

Comment

Working...
                    X