Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMW
    replied
    Get each kid his own set of gloves. If the school can't afford it, get a sponser. I donated [2] new14.4 Dewalt cordless drills earlier this year to my local vo-tech. I'm sure you'll find somebody to help. I would have no problem donating gloves to my local school.

Leave a comment:

• jonnymag
    replied
    As non-allergenic as you can possibly make something, there will always be one guy who'll still be allergic. And no matter what you use, there's always some residue. And I'd be a little leery about chemicals being on or in a glove I was using anywhere near a heat source.

At $4-$8/pair at your local welding supply store, I would think they could afford to supply their own welding gloves.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    I missed this thread before, and I didn't the read the first page on this slow connection, but put me down for NOT SHARING gloves!

A good pair of gloves for EACH student should be part of the cost of the course.

I don't worry about infections, and I still don't share my gloves.

Leave a comment:

• jasonmckibben
    replied
    So I got with my custodians and they are going to give me some of the disinfectant that they use in the bathrooms, it kills everything and is supposed to be fairly non-alergenic. We are going to dip them on friday and leave them inside out over the weekend to dry. If they still get it they didn't get it in my shop. Well that is unless they are rubbing cutts together, which I wouldn't put it pass anyone.

thanks for all the help guys.

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!!! thats funny!!

Keep in mind that the Clorox mis loses strength after about a week in the bottle. Not sure whats going on to make this happen but is goes away , so you have to keep mixing it on a regular basis. this is a great mix for sterilizing kitchen counters too.
    Last edited by SignWave; 10-22-2007, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wacko Welder
    replied
    Microwave

Just microwave them at the end of each class . . . Or better yet, have them spring for a pair of gloves and don't share them . . .

Leave a comment:

• jasonmckibben
    replied
    its normaly prety easy to tell who's been doing the picking. He is the one with the tell tale black smudge under the nose.

thanks for all the sugestions guys

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    Originally posted by SignWave View Post
    Bleach(clorox) a 5 - 15% soltion in a spray bottle... or Alcohol.?? Alcohol evaporates so the gloves would be dry pretty quick..

Alternately, you find the kid who picked his nose and kick his butt?? or at least give them the lo down on hygeinic (sp) practice...
    Or tell him when he picks his nose, to wipe it on his pants first, not inside the glove

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    Bleach(clorox) a 5 - 15% soltion in a spray bottle... or Alcohol.?? Alcohol evaporates so the gloves would be dry pretty quick..

Alternately, you find the kid who picked his nose and kick his butt?? or at least give them the lo down on hygeinic (sp) practice...

Leave a comment:

replied
    Clorox is good stuff - It will kill the AIDS. I am sure it will kill those other little critters.

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    Make them dip their hands in clorox before and after class. Im not sure if there is anything that would penetrate the thickness of a welding glove to get all the nasty little critters.

The schools around here make kids supply their own gloves. Im surprised anybody still shares them unless somebody would forget theirs.

I keep an extra pair at my bench in case anybody comes over and wants to try sticking a rod but nobody gets to wear mine.

Leave a comment:

• Innovate
    replied
    Have them wear disposable gloves underneath??? Though that might cause a hazards if they were to burn their hand through the welding glove though. Otherwise having them bring their own gloves would cost them less then dealing with staff infection.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I never shared my gloves or was expected to use a worn one. Maybe they will have to bring their own...Bob

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    Gramdma says...........

Burn it!

How about saddle soap??

Leave a comment:

• dabar39
    replied
    How about disinfecting the kids?, then you won't have to clean the gloves,they'll be safe

Only thing I can think of would be Lysol or some other type of bacterial spray or maybe some of that anti bacterial hand wash, you know the stuff that comes out as a gel and evaporates as you rub it in. that's all I got. Dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X