glove cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glove cleaning

OK so maybe I am over reacting but, we are having some outbreaks of Staff infection around here and that is starting to make me nervous.

Any good ideas on how to disinfect the gloves that all my students share?

How about disinfecting the kids?, then you won't have to clean the gloves,they'll be safe

Only thing I can think of would be Lysol or some other type of bacterial spray or maybe some of that anti bacterial hand wash, you know the stuff that comes out as a gel and evaporates as you rub it in. that's all I got. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Gramdma says...........

Burn it!

How about saddle soap??
      We depend On:
      Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
      Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
      Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
      Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
      Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
      Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
      American National Standards Institute
      American Welding Society
      The Welding Institute
      Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
      Metal Cr
      afters

Comment

I never shared my gloves or was expected to use a worn one. Maybe they will have to bring their own...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

Have them wear disposable gloves underneath??? Though that might cause a hazards if they were to burn their hand through the welding glove though. Otherwise having them bring their own gloves would cost them less then dealing with staff infection.

Comment

Make them dip their hands in clorox before and after class. Im not sure if there is anything that would penetrate the thickness of a welding glove to get all the nasty little critters.

The schools around here make kids supply their own gloves. Im surprised anybody still shares them unless somebody would forget theirs.

I keep an extra pair at my bench in case anybody comes over and wants to try sticking a rod but nobody gets to wear mine.
            Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
            Hobart Handler 187
            Dewalt Chop Saw
            4" Air Grinder
            Die Grinder
            Rigid Drill Press
            Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

Clorox is good stuff - It will kill the AIDS. I am sure it will kill those other little critters.
              sigpic 6010
              If I had know I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

Comment

Bleach(clorox) a 5 - 15% soltion in a spray bottle... or Alcohol.?? Alcohol evaporates so the gloves would be dry pretty quick..

Alternately, you find the kid who picked his nose and kick his butt?? or at least give them the lo down on hygeinic (sp) practice...
                Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
                Syncro200
                Spectrum 625
                O/A
                Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
                Standard modern lathe
                Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
                horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
                Roland XC540 PRO III
                54" laminator
                hammer and screwdriver (most used)
                little dog
                pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
                  Bleach(clorox) a 5 - 15% soltion in a spray bottle... or Alcohol.?? Alcohol evaporates so the gloves would be dry pretty quick..

Alternately, you find the kid who picked his nose and kick his butt?? or at least give them the lo down on hygeinic (sp) practice...
                  Or tell him when he picks his nose, to wipe it on his pants first, not inside the glove
                  Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
                  Hobart Handler 187
                  Dewalt Chop Saw
                  4" Air Grinder
                  Die Grinder
                  Rigid Drill Press
                  Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

its normaly prety easy to tell who's been doing the picking. He is the one with the tell tale black smudge under the nose.

thanks for all the sugestions guys

Comment

Microwave

Just microwave them at the end of each class . . . Or better yet, have them spring for a pair of gloves and don't share them . . .
                      Millermatic 251
                      Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
                      Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
                      Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!! thats funny!!

Keep in mind that the Clorox mis loses strength after about a week in the bottle. Not sure whats going on to make this happen but is goes away , so you have to keep mixing it on a regular basis. this is a great mix for sterilizing kitchen counters too.
                        Last edited by SignWave; 10-22-2007, 10:33 PM.
                        Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
                        Syncro200
                        Spectrum 625
                        O/A
                        Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
                        Standard modern lathe
                        Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
                        horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
                        Roland XC540 PRO III
                        54" laminator
                        hammer and screwdriver (most used)
                        little dog
                        pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

So I got with my custodians and they are going to give me some of the disinfectant that they use in the bathrooms, it kills everything and is supposed to be fairly non-alergenic. We are going to dip them on friday and leave them inside out over the weekend to dry. If they still get it they didn't get it in my shop. Well that is unless they are rubbing cutts together, which I wouldn't put it pass anyone.

thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

I missed this thread before, and I didn't the read the first page on this slow connection, but put me down for NOT SHARING gloves!

A good pair of gloves for EACH student should be part of the cost of the course.

I don't worry about infections, and I still don't share my gloves.

Comment

As non-allergenic as you can possibly make something, there will always be one guy who'll still be allergic. And no matter what you use, there's always some residue. And I'd be a little leery about chemicals being on or in a glove I was using anywhere near a heat source.

At $4-$8/pair at your local welding supply store, I would think they could afford to supply their own welding gloves.

Comment

Working...
                              X