X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monte55
    replied
    Originally posted by triggerman View Post
    Nice bender, Nick. All it is lacking is an attachment point for a dead chicken!

ROFLMAO!!!!!
    I don't get the dead chicken part?????????????

Leave a comment:

• triggerman
    replied
    Nice bender.....

Nice bender, Nick. All it is lacking is an attachment point for a dead chicken!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I built 3 such benders 8 years ago. Gave 1 to my buddy and kept the other 2. 1 of them is somewhat stock and the other one has a longer frame and the handle is 4' + long so i can bend 8' circles. I have made some dies to bend 78" dia sq tube...Bob
    Here are some plans http://www.kinzers.com/don/MachineTools/bender/

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Did the ones requesting info on the bender tool get the info they wanted????
    There are 3 posts with pics...........
    Last edited by monte55; 10-25-2007, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Originally posted by SignWave View Post
    how big of a tube can you bend with this machine Monte?
    I have only bent 3/4 sq tube in the die so far. The die is only about 1 inch thick.

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    how big of a tube can you bend with this machine Monte?

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    started a topic Pictures in response to Idea Gallery requests

Pictures in response to Idea Gallery requests

I have a bending tool in the Idea Gallery in the Around the Shop section. I have had several requests for plans which I don't have. I made this after looking at a friend's Hossfield (sp?) Basically, my plans are in my head and the parts are made with whatever I had lying around. The colored dies (red and blue) are 6 in diameter by about 1 inch thick which I cut on my 7x12 Jet Bandsaw. The radius of the cut will be determined by what you want. I have just two dies, as you can see. All pins are 5/8 cold rolled steel. The main structure is 2.25 x .500 steel. When you lay out your holes to drill, drill top and bottom pieces together before welding (for correct alignment). Same with the handle. As you can see in the pictures, I bend some parts above the structure if they are not too stout. Very heavy bending will have to be done below. When you are bending on top you have the option to have your 5/8 pin diameter reduced on top for a tighter radius.
    Obviously this bender can be built to any scale.
    I hope these pictures help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by monte55; 10-20-2007, 09:39 AM.
Working...
X