need help with pinholes in weld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j2100 View Post
    I am new to this board and have been welding for a few years. Where i work i weld together 5 inch diameter tubing with .133 thick end caps to make rollers. The problem is that when welding the ends on pin holes show up almost all the time and mostly at the last inch of the weld. we use .035 wire lincon l-56 wire a 90% argon and 10%CO2 axcess 450 welders with coolers and have done everything known to us to try to fix this problem as it has been an on going problem. We have tried different typs of wire, letting no wind get into the weld area,set the arc distance closer and father away and nothing has been succesful any ideas would be greatly appreciated.the machine tacks and welds the caps on automatically.
    if your not backing with gas ,weld a big nice tack weld on the end. rapid spot, like you were in a tig setup, on /off, overlapping the weld for a fillett bead. your gassing out at the end.too much gas will do that too.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONWORKER View Post
      SO YOU SAY YOU DISAGREE WITH ME AND I AM ALL WRONG IN EVERYTHING I SAID AND YOU GO ON TO SAY FEILD WELDING IS DIFFERENT THAN FAB SHOP WELDING AND THEN YOU SAY THAT YOU WILL AGREE THAT PAINT AND GALV IS HARD TO WELD ON FOR MOST EXPERTS OF WELDING BUT THERE IS THE LAST ONE YOU SAY THAT YES YOU CAN GO TO HIGH ON THE HEAT WITH .035 WIRE BUT THE LAST ONE WAS THE BEST YOU SAY I AM SORRY TO TELL ME THAT I WRONG ON IT ALL AND SO YA KNOW MY WELDERS USE 98%AR/2%OXY TO DO ALL THERE CARBON STEEL WELDING I AM NOT TO SURE ABOUT OXY FOR A SHEALDING GAS

I GEASS WITH YOU THEY GOT IT ALL AND THAT IS GOOD FOR ME I WILL GO BACK TO MY RACE CAR SHOP AND THE 6 FOOT ENGLISH WHEEL AND POWER HAMMER THAT I FABED AT HOME

MY HOBBY IS RACING AND THAT IS LIKE WHERE THE BULL SH!T STOPS IF YOU ARE WRONG THERE YOU ARE GONE AND THAT IS WHY I DO A LOT OF FABING OF PIT CARTS AND HANG BODY PANELS AT RCR AND HARVIC MOTORSPORTS WHY DO THEY FLY ME THERE TO DO WORK FOR THEM AND WHY DO THEY SHIP PIT CARTS FROM SAN DIEGO CA. TO MORSVILLE NC. THAT I FAB AT HOME NOT A PLACE I WORK BUT ONE THAT I OWEN AND IT IS A FULL FAB SHOP LIKE WELDERS AND TURET LATHES AND CNC MILLS, SHEAT METAL PRESS BRAKES, SHERS, IRON WORKER PUNCH , 30'X10' 3 INCH THICK SURFACE PLATE TABLE AND TWO 4 TON LIFTS FOR CARS AND SO ON

YOU SAY THAT IS BULL THOUS TOOLS USE 3 PHASE POWER AND YOU THINK THAT IS NOT AT HIS HOUSE IN THE CITY OF SAN DIEGO ALL THEY GOT IS A SINGEL PHASE POWER SUPPLEY AND YOU ARE WRONG I GOT A BIG ROTERY PHASE CONVERTER BUT THAT IS WRONG 3 PHASE IN RESEDINCHAL HOME

I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO GOOD HEAR YOU GOT RID OF ME I WILL NOT BE BACK TO HELP LIKE YOU BUT I WILL GO BACK TO WORK
      FOR NOW

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TALK MORE SH!T TO SOME ONE

AND THEN THERE IS WORK PUTING UP IRON ALL DAY AND THEN WELDING ALL THE MOMENT FRAMES WE ARE DOING A RETRO FIT ON TWO BILDINGS AT PETCO PARK IN SAN DIEGO

BUT THE LAST THING I GOT FOR YOU IF I AM ALL WRONG AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING THEN WHY HAVE I WORKED FOR 17 YRS AS A IRONWORKER IN THE FEILD BUT BEFORE THAT I WAS SHOP FORMAN FOR 3 YRS AND BEFORE THAT SHOP WELDER AND FAB FORMAN FOR 2 YRS

SO 22 YRS AT ONE SHOP IN SAN DIEGO AND IF I AM ALL WRONG THIS IS GOOD FOR ME I GOT THEM FOOLED AND IF YOU LIKE TO CALL AND TELL THEM I AM ALL WRONG JUST LOOK IN THE PHONE BOOK UNDER ASBERY STEEL THEY HAVE BEEN IN SAN DIEGO SINCE 1977 AND I STARTED IN 1986

I DO NOT GET THIS WORKED UP BUT YOU TALK OUT OF THE SIDE OF YOUR NECK AND THAT IS WHAT THIS FORAM NEEDS MORE OF YOU TO HELP THEM

SORRY TO MILLER WELDING FOR USING THE THREAD LIKE THIS BUT I AM NOT SORRY FOR WHAT I SHOULD SAY TO BOARDMANR BUT LIKE THE GUYS I GET OUT IN THE FIELD I WILL NOT STUP THAT LOW WE GOT A SUPERVISER FOR THAT STUFF

HAY BOARDMANR HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A STEEL WORKER TELL ME AND I WILL LET YOU TELL ME THAT I AM WRONG SOME MORE
      git over it, you can turn the heat up to much and causes a iron pits, and makes the gases blow out the weld.**** girls...shutup will ya!!!

Comment

Working...
      X