Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun4now
    • Aug 2006

All-about-design, thats got to be the best advice i have ever heard given about a tat. if he fallows it he should be fine. thanks for adding your $2.oo worth.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

• Bert
      • Mar 2007

Would it be possible for you to get a temporary one first? Have it on for a week or so, then see if you like it! You may want to change the placement of it, or decide to go with a different logo. Also, that way you can get feedback of it from friends and family...
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

• fun4now
        • Aug 2006

wile i don't want to sound argumentative, and think a temp tat would be a neat idea. anyone that gets a tat based on friend or family opinions is nuts. i think its a decision only the get-er can decide on. kinda like names, Friend's change and you are the only one the tat has to please. i'm shore some of mine would greatly offend many people but i like them and thats what matters in the end as i have to wear them.
        i have to admit i have never much cared about others opinion in my looks as i don't much care what others think. heck i love going out in bob the builder patterned pants the wife made for me and my son. looks ok to many when the son is with me but when on my own, boy you should see the looks

keeping all that in mind when in a full sleeve shirt none show, in a short sleeve shirt only my U.S.Army and POW*MIA show. the rest are for me and are only seen when i dress to show them. many with a carrier ahead of them be it just starting or with time left to go, keeping tat's within coverable spaces for job's is not a bad idea.
        all my tat's are for me, not for others to aprove of or agree with.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

• SignWave
          • Aug 2007

I dont hqave any welding tattoos.... only "brandings"...
          Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
          Syncro200
          Spectrum 625
          O/A
          Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
          Standard modern lathe
          Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
          horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
          Roland XC540 PRO III
          54" laminator
          hammer and screwdriver (most used)
          little dog
          pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

• beamwalker
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by wileysnakeskins View Post
            [LEFT]As with anything regarding the art world, your choice of picture, painting, colors, etc. are a personal preference. I would suggest looking at parlors in your area and if available to custom work done by the artists there. Choose an artist you like and discuss any and all ideas you have for what would make a real stand out welding tatoo, picture, painting, it's all art and you in this case have a real choice in the subject matter. There's allot of pictures in Microsoft Office when you insert on a document, you migt look there for some ideas. I've never seen a welder tatto, welder's tatoo so it's in my opionion going to be you and the artist putting together something one of a kind and personal. Just a suggestion. Good luck, and hope you'll paste in on the board when you get it done.
            Willy d.
            i know im gonna fire up some people but you have John 3:16 quoted on your screen there. yet you are encouraging tattooing. do you know what scriptures say about tattooing? ive gotten tattoos when i was younger and in sick of looking at them. my own personal opinion, anyone getting tattoos must be making up for deficiency in other areas. in other words loser. but opinions are like armpits. everyone has them and some stink.

Comment

• Winger Ed.
              • Oct 2006

I've watched this tread since the beginning, and seen some very interesting 'takes' on the subject.

From my own experience-
              I've been around tattoed folks alot, and don't think they are any big deal.
              In the Service, lots of folks have, & get more of them, and I've been to countrys with some of the best tattoo artists on the planet-- that worked almost for free.

But, I never got one.
              Something that keeps rolling around in my head is a comment I heard a long, long time ago from a guy who'd worked at the maximum security, state mental institution, for the criminaly insane.
              ---------The patients in there, weren't never gonna get out and go home.

He made the observation once,
              "No,,,,,,,,, you don't have to be crazy to get a tattoo,,,,,,,
              However,,,,,,,,,,,, ALL!!! the crazy people have them".

Last edited by Winger Ed.; 10-06-2007, 09:55 PM.
              "Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
              I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
              Author:
              Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Comment

• Railmen
                • Mar 2006

Welding Tattoo's

All right this is a older thread but lets see if it has some new life????

was sitting in my favorite spot tonight getting rid of some turkey if ya know what I mean.

Well for a while i have been wanting a new Tattoo and trying to figure out just what i want has been hard.

I love skull's and LOVE to weld plus love even more then those two items are my little girls, Kyra 5 and Andi 4 years old now.

so if anyone has any welding tattoo's or know where i can get some more idea's post them up.

If ya have any how about some pictures.

Railmen
                2007 Trailblazer 302G
                2004 Invision 354MP
                1999 60 series feeder
                2005 Maxstar 200DX
                2007 CST280
                1999 HF 251-1
                older Hobart hefty wire feeder
                Hyperthrem 600
                Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
                had and sold........
                2003 XMT 304CC/CV
                1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
                1963 Lincoln SA200G
                1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
                1970's Lincoln SAE400G
                2 Maxstar's 200DX's
                1 Maxstar 200SD
                CST 280
                2 CST 250
                MM130

Railmen

Comment

• kiwi
                  • Aug 2007

Before you get "inked" check this out and let me know what you think.
                  Nick

Comment

• JSFAB
                    • Feb 2009

heck, I was always happy with the little rub-on ones, that come in the crackerjack boxes
                    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

• wrenchnride247
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                      Before you get "inked" check this out and let me know what you think.
                      Nick
                      http://www.freedom2inc.com/bodyart.html
                      That ink is more difficult to put in the skin and doesn't look as good as the REAL ink that is used for tattooing...if someone is not sure about "getting ink" DON'T DO IT! Until you are sure that's the design you want. The idea of a tattoo is a PERMANENT LASTING MARK not a fad... ok i'll get off my soap box now
                      Dynasty 200 DX runner
                      Sync 350 LX
                      XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
                      Hobart 135
                      ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Comment

• Bigiron
                        • Jan 2009

Another dog pissin on the tree.

Lol!! Anyways. I have six tattoos. I only regret one of them. It's a matter of taste, location and skill. I have to wear long sleeves to cover them up completely. I like riding my bike with a sleevless shirt though to show them off. Oh well, I will get on with it.

A welding tattoo huh? Interesting concept. I've seen the stickers on windows of trucks showing the upper body, lead and arc. I think that would be hard to shrink down to fit on a body unless you want it on your back and then more than likely it would be a true back piece. Most artists will tell you that the little fine details are virtually impossible to portray in ink. It's a toss up as to who you go to and how much they are going to charge. I had so many done by one artist that I actually started getting a price break. Take that into consideration when getting some ink.

One idea...Stainless diamond plate welded to the flesh jagged edged. Upraised plate in the center with child's, wife's, etc name in that. Smoke coming off the burned rod held by lead and off the last section of tattoo like it was freshly done. You could even add the ground clamp in somewhere for goo measure.
                        Bobcat 225
                        Radnor o/a
                        An assortment of
                        other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

Comment

• purplewg
                          • Aug 2007

I have one on my foot. It is about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. I call it the "splat tat".

Big old molten center of a circle went right down my shoe. I knew better than to wear low tops but it was supposed the be a quickie job...
                          Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to act like one.

Miller 212
                          Hobart 135
                          Miller 375 X-treme
                          Really antique Sears Arc N Spark
                          O/A Torch Setup

Comment

• diamondback
                            • Nov 2007

tee shirts are less permanent

Comment

• usmcruz
                              • Jan 2008

Dont be a bunch of pusses, and get a **** tat. I have my share of tats from the corps, and I seriously wouldnt mind getting a Miller tat, if miller paid for it!
                              If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Comment

• jackalope
                                • Sep 2009

I would NOT get one welding related, but that is me. I get enough scars on my head and rest of my body that people that know welding, know where mine came from.
                                I like tatoos, but welding tats sound kinda (really) G@y !

Comment

Working...
                                X