Tool chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool chest

Has any one made there own rolling tool box, I bent up a drawer the other day in the shop and it looked perty good, if you have put some pic up. I was going to make it out of 18ga paintgrip even thought about stainless. Thanks Bill

Look around here...Bob
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ead.php?t=6920
    Bob Wright

Comment

Tigman 250 needs to do something about his pic situation

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Take a gander at this work........

http://www.thesheetmetalshop.com/PNp...ic-t-1489.html

Comment

Its amazing what you can do with the right tools...Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

That is nice, I started mine Friday at lunch I'll get some pic up this week.

Comment

Its more cost effective to buy one already done.

The only boxes I build are when I need a custom one to fit my tools and certain boxes to fit the space available on the truck.

Comment

I'am not building one like posted, Mine is 57" long and 48" high will have cabinet and around 16 drawers. The closest one to match in size was 2500.00 I have all materials bought and I have spent 257.00 I will have around 25-30 hours plus paint and I get to say I built that.

Comment

Can't wait to see pictures. I have been thinking about building a tool chest. You can save some money over a store bought. Not sure if this link was posted yet but these are really nice. http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=15905

Good luck and please post pics! And what slides you are using for the drawers

Comment

Here's one I built a few years ago. Other than the drawer slides and a few hardware bits, it was made from all reclaimed 1/8" aluminum.

The tool chest has 17 drawers and a shallow storage area under the lid for over 15 cubic feet of storage. The lid lifts on 4 parallel arms, pushed by gas shocks, such that it lifts and stays level. There is a hidden button under the top frame rail, just to the left of the center post that when pressed, extends a foot lever out from the bottom. Step on the foot lever and it lifts the lid enough for the gas shocks to take over.

There is also a single key lock that can lock all 17 drawers and the lid at once.

I'd always wanted a big mechanics toolchest, bur was too cheap to buy one. A stack of 24" x 17" x 1/8" thick aluminum sheets came available so i grabbed up all of it. After some design work in AutoCAD, I started building this. In the process, I also learned to MIG aluminum.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice job, mine will be a bit like that but with 3 banks. It is 18 ga paint grip my neighbor is retired painter and will paint it, just have to pick a color..

Comment

Working...
                      X