X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popspipes
    replied
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-button-valves/=3gof00

this is a link to a normally closed push button air valve, the pilot air thread on mine is 1/8" pipe, that one is sixteen dollars and change.

Leave a comment:

• popspipes
    replied
    The pilot valve is a normally closed type spring loaded closed, push to open.

2 nc is the designator on the valve.

Leave a comment:

• popspipes
    replied
    I think Clippard would make that type of valve as well, I will check on it, maybe I can find something that will work. We used Clippard fittings on labelers too.

That golf ball thing has me intrigued now, we did try the ball bearing barrel, that thing was dangerous, it would make one heck of a dent in a 55 gallon oil drum!

Leave a comment:

• overkill 19
    replied
    Originally posted by metalmeltr View Post
    That would probly work ok. How much was the valve?
    We have these MBV at our plant for our dust collector bag house. They are part of the blowback system.

So if you know someone in a plant setting that deals with a dusty product chances are they will have this type of valve. We make plastic and our base resin of our reactor is dusty.
    I would think even in a grain handling process they would have this type of valve, but not sure.
    I would not exspect them to be very exspensive

Leave a comment:

• overkill 19
    replied
    Originally posted by popspipes View Post
    The small valve is called a "versa valve", its a pilot valve is part used for an air operated milk caser used in a dairy, it was available at the time I was making the cannon. I believe it just relieves the pressure momentarily on the pilot port of the valve causing it to dump the charge in the tank.

Its been about 10 years since I put it together and the brain is a bit foggy on some of the details.

It is a lot of fun especially for parties etc where there is a gathering of younger folks.

The goyen valve I have has 3/4" npt threads so most any barrel configuration could be adapted to it.

The tank I use is a purge welded piece of 3" ss tube with formed ends ( tank head) or tube ends we called them.

Thanks.I will see if I can find a versa MBV.
    Just for info sake for all.
    You are right the air supply side of the Goyen valve has a 1/16 air port that feeds the top side of the flapper/diafram which keeps the valve closed. The 1/8th port on top is vented off the diafram opens the large port to the lo side of Goyen valve "tennis ball side".

Leave a comment:

• popspipes
    replied
    The small valve is called a "versa valve", its a pilot valve is part used for an air operated milk caser used in a dairy, it was available at the time I was making the cannon. I believe it just relieves the pressure momentarily on the pilot port of the valve causing it to dump the charge in the tank.

Its been about 10 years since I put it together and the brain is a bit foggy on some of the details.

It is a lot of fun especially for parties etc where there is a gathering of younger folks.

The goyen valve I have has 3/4" npt threads so most any barrel configuration could be adapted to it.

The tank I use is a purge welded piece of 3" ss tube with formed ends ( tank head) or tube ends we called them.

Leave a comment:

• metalmeltr
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill 19 View Post
    Got my Goyen valve yesterday, 1" good for 125 psi or so it says LOL. Just need to find that small momentary valve. What are the other use's for this valve? I was thinking a "blow gun" would even work as well.
    That would probly work ok. How much was the valve?

Leave a comment:

• overkill 19
    replied
    Got my Goyen valve yesterday, 1" good for 125 psi or so it says LOL. Just need to find that small momentary valve. What are the other use's for this valve? I was thinking a "blow gun" would even work as well.

Leave a comment:

• popspipes
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill 19 View Post
    Very cool I must have one, I have a scott air pac aluminium bottel laying around that will work good for this.
    What ID size of tube use for the blaster?
    2 1/2" ID fits a tennis ball nicely, I use the doggie ball from the dollar store 4 for a dollar or something like that........

Leave a comment:

• m.k.swelding
    replied
    very cool but have you got it pressure tested and certified

Leave a comment:

• overkill 19
    replied
    Very cool I must have one, I have a scott air pac aluminium bottel laying around that will work good for this.
    What ID size of tube use for the blaster?

Leave a comment:

• popspipes
    replied
    Originally posted by MR.57 View Post
    Neat project and beautiful work! How does that Goyen valve work? I am trying to source a valve to work with a truck tire bead seater (similar principle - needs high volume blast of air to work).

Looked on the Goyen site and it has something to do with using a reverse pulse of air to clean air filtration bags. Does it need some sort of pilot valve to operate the pulse valve?

Most people are using DC operated sprinkler valves, your setup looks much heavier duty.
    Thank you sir for the compliment!
    These valves are used in dust collector systems in bakeries, the one I have is pilot operated, the air is supplied by the goyen valve to the pilot, the small valve releases it momentarily to fire the main valve. Mine is a 3/4" version and they make them a lot larger. the max pressure is listed at 110 psi. I use mine at 150 psi occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• MR.57
    replied
    Neat project and beautiful work! How does that Goyen valve work? I am trying to source a valve to work with a truck tire bead seater (similar principle - needs high volume blast of air to work).

Looked on the Goyen site and it has something to do with using a reverse pulse of air to clean air filtration bags. Does it need some sort of pilot valve to operate the pulse valve?

Most people are using DC operated sprinkler valves, your setup looks much heavier duty.

Leave a comment:

• glh
    replied
    now thats cool i made one along time ago but it shot golf ***** and it would bust a 1x4 pic of wood
    mine never looked as good as that one tho
    good job

Leave a comment:

• popspipes
    replied
    Originally posted by LewisCobb View Post
    Hi Mike ! Just checked into the forum here and came across this posting. I've been away from the Dynasty for a while - too humid up here in Canada to spend more than 30 seconds in the garage these days. It has started to cool off a bit this week though, so hopefully I can get back at my "training" soon. I've got the steel cut and mitered for about 6 projects and waiting in the corner for when I get past the coupons

How does this little cannon work? I can see some potential with this for a mega-potato-gun in my future.

Cheers,
    Lewis
    Lewis,
    It works well, every shot goes off and the air can vary the shots. It will shoot a tennis ball high enough that if you bat your eyes it dissapears. Kind of sounds like a shotgun, it is a bit noisy, works like the pvc spud guns from a few years back. I can put one over the back fence which is 100 yards or so.

It uses a goyen valve and a small momentary valve to trigger it, the barrel is swagged up piece of 2 1/2" stainless tube to accomodate the tennis ball. The tank is homemade, I used a 3" stainless tube and it has swagged end caps on it. I have a 4" tank but its kind of heavy to use but the ball does go farther.

The kids from 50 on down have a blast with it ha!!

Its been cool here this summer not many 90 degree days this year, but this summer is kind of unusual........

The kids use a ball glove as its hard to catch and stings the hands even though its in free fall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X