Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jolly Roger
    replied
    Stick a 5/8 bolt through it instead of a pin and crank it down. I even do it on my hitch (self locking of course). It eliminates all the banging and slamming around.

Leave a comment:

• alha
    replied
    Nice work! Do you find that receivers provide a tight enough fit for you, or do you modify it to make it a snug fit? Most that I have used aren't very precision, there's a bit o' slop in them. Fine for pulling a trailer, but if you're using a tool on it, it could be maddening? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• gary k.
    replied
    Thats all-right I got a Lowes about two milles from the house and I do believe they have plenty of glossy black spray paint. "I HOPE"

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    Nice job, I'd hate to mess the paint up on that nice trailer

Leave a comment:

• dabar39
    replied
    Vice attachment

Good idea, I've made one that goes in the receiver of my van and made arms to hold the materials while I work. I made several top plates for it so that I can use my vice, bench top drill press, bench grinder, tube bender etc... Makes working on site so much easier. Dave

Leave a comment:

• gary k.
    started a topic Project Vise

Project Vise

I wanted to add a vise to my trailer but be able to move from one side to the other. So I got two 8" recievers and welded one on each side. I cut a piece of diamond plate 9" square - mounted the vise on it - then added 2" square tubing - cut and welded at a 45 deg. angle - so I can easily remove and use on either side of trailer.
    Attached Files
Working...
X