X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard
    • Feb 2006

good people

we have some of the nicest people in the welding world.
    my Father parked his welding rig in the driveway and everyone that passed by could see he was a welder. and growing up I saw my Father on the weekends weld and give a lot of work away to help out the ones that stoped by and asked for help. and I guess this was instilled in me and I did not relize it at the time. but I have welded things and given lots of welding jobs away to all kinds of people. and I have had lots of things given to me and people helped me out. . like the guys at the steel plant to co-workers and all across the board...... seams like we are in a nice circle of people we run in circles with in the welding busines/hobie .. and even Miller giving out the free tape measures. I have not recived mine yet but hope it gets here soon
    we have so minny nice people on this board that help each other out all the time by posting the answers to our questions.
    I enjoy seeing others that I help. smile and like the quality welds that I do for them. thats enjoyment for me....just nice to help others out and to be on the reciving end also
    I hope everyone agrees with me that we are in a nice circle of people we deal with in the welding industry.
    Thanks
    • Feb 2006

Yes, a month ago, I made a bipod for a friend free of charge. I think he deserved it, he needed it to sight in his air rifle. It came out better than he thought it would. Too bad I don't have any pictures. But I have made some plans for you guys to see.
    Attached Files
    Save our species! Lower metal prices!

Comment

• wldrman
      • Sep 2005

Here's something I made today for a friend. FREEBIE!
      He does some serious hiking and biking.I mean SERIOUS! 25 mile hikes on Saturdays and 100 to 300 mile bike rides on weekends in the nice weather.
      **** of a good guy and **** of a good fabricator.
      Attached Files

Comment

• sjmiller
        • Sep 2005

Good people

I have to agree, everone here is willing to help out the other by answering a question or providing guidance. I had always wanted to do welding and metal work - and as I'm turning grey at the temples - can afford the luxury of doing so. I bought my first welder two years ago - a MM135 and burned through 5lbs of solid wire before I did my first project. I have done repair work for a number of friends - I'll arc and spark at a moments notice. I have since added a Dynasty 200DX and a Spectrun 375 to my collection of machines.

Using the above tools I have fixed stress cracks on my motor home, ground and re-welded a friends boat trailer, and just plain built things like my welding carts. I have recently added a CNC plasma cutting table to my home shop.

Drill mill and lathe to follow..

Steve

Comment

• Richard
          • Feb 2006

Steve,

its good to hear that you are having fun welding and enjoying your equipment
          isen't it fun to go out and help people and enjoy your self in the prosses
          I like the self acomplishment of building things and figuring out how to make things and overcome the obistacles.
          I just love it
          and My MIller equipment.
          keep on having fun !!

Comment

Working...
          X