Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welder_one
    replied
    work is something that i am not afraid of, especially more of it. i have never been into a rochester, black wolf, may i pm you if i have more ?'s about it

Leave a comment:

• Black Wolf
    replied
    If you have a Rochester Quadra Jet w/ vacuum secondaries, it NOT going to open with the throttle linkage. If it stumbles or bogs as soon as you floor it, your accelerator pump may not be functioning properly. It may have nothing to do with the secondaries, but a momentary lean condition until the main fuel bleed circuit catches up. Time to pull the top off, clean it up & maybe throw in a rebuild kit while you're at it.

Sorry to suggest more work.

Later,

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    i built a headache rack for it today and pulled new wires for the brake lights. i will post pics of the rack later.

does anyone know anything about quadrajunks? the truck has a bad stutter when under full throttle. any other throttle position, it does real well. i dont know enough about them to try and adjust it, also the secondaries arent opening (probably the stutter) and i cant figure out how to get them freed up. they will open by hand but not by throttle linkage

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    this morning , i picked up some lumber and carriage bolts. they are 2x6. the bolts i used are 4 inch 316 stainless at 5/16 diameter.

I HATE DRILLING HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.........100 bolts to be exact.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    i used this stuff called metalize. its a rust converter and changes rust into a primered surface that can be painted. i used it on steel structures around swimming pools before. neat stuff. i laid out the frame for the flatbed last night and welded it together. i used 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 square tube 3/16 wall for the frame runners that follow the truck frame. the rest is 1 1/2 square tubing 11 guage, except for the sides. there, i used 2x2 1/4 angle. i did that so that i can use tie downs and straps easily. the last one is hard to see. it was late. i used .080 aluminum plate to mount the lights.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    got the bed completely tore off about three days ago, and went and picked up steel to make another flatbed frame for it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    Thanks for the pics. Its a mess, but real repairable. Good idea making steel frame and wood floor. If you are going to make another body later, you might want to take good measurements while this old body is off and you can get to the frame easy. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    wood is quick easy and most of all cheap. like ya said throw it back together do a few jobs and let it pay for its own bed.

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    as you can see from the pics, i think that the guy before me was a carpenter. the frame for the flatbed was also wooden. i poked around on the boards and i couldnt save even the frame. its ok i have ordered steel to make a frame and 2x6 to deck it for now.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    Cool truck. Easy and cheap to get parts for. Probably will stink on gas mileage but its the right price i just built an aluminum flat bed [posted pics] and it was not cheap. I was going to suggest if the steel frame is good just replace the boards but I see you've already came to that conclusion. Keep us posted

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    Originally posted by PLUMMER View Post
    Glad you found your rig, not the same but....... your started now. Now if i can only find a 1928 Apache for the wife.

as for the truck, i priced aluminum for the bed and it might be a few side jobs away. so for now, i am going to build a steel frame out of square tubing and then put 2x6 boards down. it is about 2,000 bucks cheaper this way, but soon i will build a flat bed for it out of aluminum.

after changing the shocks, rebuilding the carb, changing all filters and fluids, belts and tires, i drove it down the road today. it has a whole lot power, considering. i now have to change out u-joints...lol. i scrubbed it down with lye and soap, and it cleaned up pretty good. applied a little wax, and the paint is decent. i might wait until good weather to paint (a little humid here). i will post more pics as i go. thanks for keeping up
    Last edited by welder_one; 12-27-2007, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMER
    replied
    Glad you found your rig, not the same but....... your started now. Now if i can only find a 1928 Apache for the wife.

Leave a comment:

• dabar39
    replied
    Good score, I see lots and lots and lots of potential. Dave

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    too bad you are not closer to me, there is a nice looking aluminum flat bed for sale about 25-30 mil. from me.

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    the rest of them. as i do some clean up and get the bed built, i will post more
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X