• Show
Clear All

• monte55
    replied
    Maybe he has really really really really really really really big feet

Leave a comment:

• spotsineyes
    replied
    I would have liked to find out his reasoning as to why 1 ft./sec.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Originally posted by ridesideways View Post
    me and some friends got into a discussion with this redneck guy from fairbanks, alaska about how fast electricity travels along a wire. he was convinced that it traveled 1 foot per second-- he had seen it on a science show. we kept giving him examples of lightning, etc., and explaining it traveled incredibly fast at nearly the speed of light. but he is not listening-- he knows better than us.

so then one of my friends grabs an old extension cord, cuts the female end off to expose the two wires. my friend says, "here you hold these two wires and i'll plug in the extension cord. since electricity only travels 1 foot/second, you'll have plenty of time to let go before you get shocked." well the dudes eyes light up like a christmas tree and all of a sudden he's like "no way man i'll get electrocuted."

so then we're all laughing and telling him "but it's a 25 foot cord and the electricity travels at 1 foot per second-- dude, you have PLENTY OF TIME to let go..."

needless to say he gave up and the argument ended and he didn't get electrocuted. LOL
    Actually you guys didn't come out looking too smart on that one......sorry...I callesm as I seesem.

Leave a comment:

• ridesideways
    replied
    me and some friends got into a discussion with this redneck guy from fairbanks, alaska about how fast electricity travels along a wire. he was convinced that it traveled 1 foot per second-- he had seen it on a science show. we kept giving him examples of lightning, etc., and explaining it traveled incredibly fast at nearly the speed of light. but he is not listening-- he knows better than us.

so then one of my friends grabs an old extension cord, cuts the female end off to expose the two wires. my friend says, "here you hold these two wires and i'll plug in the extension cord. since electricity only travels 1 foot/second, you'll have plenty of time to let go before you get shocked." well the dudes eyes light up like a christmas tree and all of a sudden he's like "no way man i'll get electrocuted."

so then we're all laughing and telling him "but it's a 25 foot cord and the electricity travels at 1 foot per second-- dude, you have PLENTY OF TIME to let go..."

needless to say he gave up and the argument ended and he didn't get electrocuted. LOL

Leave a comment:

• jweller
    replied
    just this Saturday in the auto parts store:

I'm looking for a check valve that is no longer holding pressure, it flows both ways. After the clerk tells me hes never heard of a check valve in a fuel system, (really, cause I've got one in my hand right now) and how he works on stuff "all the time". And after he tells me they don't even carry the part, when it's pretty obvious to me that it's just as likely he can't manipulate the inventory computer. He then proceeds to reccomend that "if I thought I had a bad check vavle, I'd just bypass it."

yeah, thanks for the free advice. it was worth every penny.

Leave a comment:

• migwelder05
    replied
    Originally posted by welderman23 View Post
    hey man i may be blind ,but i aint that blind ...and NO they do not look better at last call.

here's my woman... see a REAL TEXAS WOMAN
    **** she nice

Leave a comment:

• fiat128
    replied
    [QUOTE=BDJ;18516]
    Originally posted by welder_one View Post
    My uncle is a millwright at a lumber yard, years ago he told me the story of a man accidentally cutting his fingers off (hands in the wrong place) while running a trim saw. They were able to put his fingers back on, but later he was showing the safety man and supervisors exactly what happened HE CUT THE SAME FINGERS OFF AGAIN. He promptly lost his job. Almost unbelievable ain't it

That has to be the funniest thing I ever read on the internet. Let me guess was it one of these two?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Smith
    replied
    re: stupidvisors

Not quite in line with the thread but funny.

In the machine shop one day we were trying to figure out how to clamp a warped part, we decided it needed a couple shims under it. the machinist pulls out some shim, looks around and utters someone stole my supervisor tape. I ask what the f**k is supervisor tape. He says you know, double sided tape, aka 2 FACED! Guess the management/employee relationship had deteriorated a little..
    Last edited by Fred Smith; 06-07-2008, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• welderman23
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicegrip View Post
    He ain't a weldor ether, just keeping it safe when he hits on the girls that are fuggly enough to need a #12 glass.
    hey man i may be blind ,but i aint that blind ...and NO they do not look better at last call.

here's my woman... see a REAL TEXAS WOMAN
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• welder_guy
    replied
    It seems that the simplest things are the biggest problems.
    If your welder does not work than check these seemingly obvious factors.

-is the ground connected
    -is the plug plugged in
    -is the power on
    -did your girlfriend go bezerk and sabotage your machine

Leave a comment:

• Winger Ed.
    replied
    Originally posted by STRENGTH AND POWER View Post
    Did you hear about the guy who wore a cowboy hat on top of his welding helmet?
    No.
    I think its just a urban myth.
    Nobody would do that.

But;
    what do ya think about them so-and-so's who come in after hours,
    use your bench grinder, and leave a big trench, or 'V' groove in the wheel?
    Would that make ya crazy, or what?

(Personally, I'm leaning towards, 'or what'.)

Last edited by Winger Ed.; 05-10-2008, 12:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Anti-GMAW
    replied
    It looks like a rock crusher. It also looks like he forgot to turn of the gas BEFORE the oxygen! I watched a guy almost blow his hand off once from the same mistake. The torch body blew up in his hand as he was setting it down. It's a good thing he wasnt holding the torch with a normal grip at the time or he'd be missing his hand! Not many shop tools more dangerous than a torch setup. If the thought of a rocket straped right next to a bomb doesn't scare you into following the proper saftey precautions then please do not use a torch within 500' of me.

Leave a comment:

• J. Strunck
    replied
    Maybe O/A cert. isn't a bad idea after all! Follow this link to see why. I warn ya, it bad stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjKRbgGDhHs

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied
    Originally posted by welderman23 View Post
    LOL!!!

yeah i heard of him. i think ive seen him i a bar before
    He ain't a weldor ether, just keeping it safe when he hits on the girls that are fuggly enough to need a #12 glass.

Leave a comment:

• welderman23
    replied
    LOL!!!

yeah i heard of him. i think ive seen him i a bar before

Leave a comment:

Working...
X