Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    the cerated was designed as a DC tungsten but has been more and more used for both AC and DC. keep in mind the cerated can S P L I T in AC mode although its more common with the inverters with the higher cycle rates its still possible with the transformers. even with that in mined many still use cerated for AC & DC .
    the lanthanated is as AC & DC tungsten capable of excellent arc's on aether. the 1.5 & 2% seemed identical in arc to me but the 2% held its point much better and holds up to heat far better than the 1.5% as such i stick with 2% lanthanated only. this allows me to only have to chose a size as all my tungsten are 2% lanthanated. i do use mine in an inverter, but if i had gotten the syncro200 instead i would still be using the same tungsten.

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    My 200 came with thoria. I have placed it on a shelf in the dark and I watch it every noght to see if it will glow on its own.

I have chosen to use lanthia and ceria electrodes. I have some zirc rods too. I havent yet used pure tung. Ive got alot to learn and experiment with as ive only put about 3.5 hours on my machine. I do know however that im not keen on grinding radioctive material in my shop. I dont want to breathe it , touch it or think it. The little pieces of americium in my smoke detectors is more than enough to have in my environment.

Leave a comment:

started a topic Tungsten

Tungsten

I hope I am not going over plowed ground here but I haven't seen anything on this after going back through the threads.

I was wondering how many have switched to lanthanated or ceriated tungsten over the thoriated due to the risk of low level radiation. I may have misspelled a couple of these words so please bear with me. I know when I got my syncrowave 200 it came with one stick of ceriated tungsten in the accessories package. Maybe they were trying to instill a new habit.

I
Working...
X