Bumper Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Pics

Here are a couple pictures of two bumpers I built. No construction Pics, only finished shots...sorry. Two different models are shown. Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Oh man, the rest are two big to upload. Hopefully I can get more up soon.

Comment

microsoft offers a free resizer that works great. its in power toys, if you have Win.XP
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Bumper Specs

Bareback Jack,
        PLEASE tell me what bender and nocher you used!! What kind of tubing
        (size and wall thickness???) did you use??? LOOKS GREAT!!!
        I was actually thinking of doing that to my Ford Ranger!!!
        I'm not late...
        I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

sorry i was in a hurry when i last posted, just wanted to get you the re-sizer info.
          great looking bumper. wish i had such a nice one on mine. but the son and i went for a more off the norm look in our design. your bumper looks like its worth more then my hole truck.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Round here in Dak Land deer are a problem to reckon with. Most aleged deer guards are set to close to the front, made to light for looks mostly, allow no smash room, and a waste of money for the protection they are sold for. I see yours sticks out maybe 6 to 8 in? Can you hit a 4 point buck and drive away? I really like the looks of this one. Nice looking front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              Bareback Jack,
              PLEASE tell me what bender and nocher you used!! What kind of tubing
              (size and wall thickness???) did you use??? LOOKS GREAT!!!
              I was actually thinking of doing that to my Ford Ranger!!!
              To me it looks something in that praportion would weigh the front end down a bit

Comment

For my Ford Ranger? You might be right!! But it would be good practice when I buy my bigger truck!!!
                I'm not late...
                I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                  For my Ford Ranger? You might be right!! But it would be good practice when I buy my bigger truck!!!
                  i agree
                  but its FORD TOUGH

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Nice job!!

I use similar "Ranchhand" brand bumpers front and back on my 3/4 ton oilfield trucks.

Will vaporize deer on impact (wash truck afterward) and will help save your keister on unplanned vehicle rollovers. Believe me, I know.
                    Miller Pro 300
                    Craftsman buzzbox

Comment

did you make the hole thing from scratch ?? or add to a store bought one to make it better ??
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

oilburner.
                        you make an excellent point about the majority of the guards out. some are so light you can bend them just leaning against them ??? makes you wonder if the buyer thinks it will do its job?? i'm shore some were bought just for looks but how many are thinking they have some level of protection from the light gage mass produced garbage ??
                        i'm going to make one for the wife's car soon. should be able to take out a mack truck with it, better beef up the suspension.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Plus, working out here in remote oilfields, some smart fellers find it helpful to fix the 4" pipe in the bumper to hold air.
                          Miller Pro 300
                          Craftsman buzzbox

Comment

Sorry I've been away so long guys. I don't have internet at the house, so I have to come in to the library to use it. Yes, I built the whole thing from scratch. I use a 4" sch. 40 for the round part you see, with a half inch "frame" and connector to the truck. The angle iron on the bottom is 5/16" and the grill guard uprights are 3/8" x 4". The fender/headlight guards are 1.25" sch 40 and on the first set of pic's are welded right to the 4" sch 40 on the sides (very strong!). I use a JD2 Model 3 to bend the 1.25" pipe. No notcher, all hand done with the 4.5" grinder and cutting wheel. I do allot of fence repair at local feedlots, so notching is pretty easy for me now.

The bumper in the first set of pic's is 8.5" off the frame connector to the center of the 4"sch 40. The one in the second set of pic's (a different style, posted today) is 6.5" off the frame connector to the center of the sch. 40. The headlight/fender guards are 4.5" off the truck on the big bumper (first one) and 2-2.5" off the truck on the second one. This allows for that "crumple factor" when hitting an elk or moose. Deer and antelope don't even scratch the paint!! Oh, neither do construction barrels (my new favorite hobby!).

The "ranch hand" bumpers are quite a bit lighter duty than the ones I make and I wanted something that was built...Ford Tough. Ranch hand uses a .25" upright section that is also used to connect the 4" sch 40 to the frame connectors. Also, the grill and headlight/fender guards are 1.25 OD tubing. Not only that, but the 12 guage diamond plate skirting (I use this thickness too) is rolled an inch on the botom. I put another 4" piece all the way around on the bottom of mine for a more rigid under body section. Even built this heavy and that tough, they still don't bother the front suspension of my 3/4 ton truck at all. They are probably 200lbs finished.

Ok, so for the next set of pictures. These are of a different model. The last model I posted had a wrap around frame design. If you look close at the 4" sch. 40 it goes all the way around the truck and flares out on the sides. This one is a straight forward design. The 4" doesn't wrap around, but the headlight/fender guards still do. This bumper also features headlight guards. these are 4, 5/16" rods that you can see in the pictures. It is shown on the same truck as the other one, but they are different. I left the second one on for good, and man does it look great!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Some more.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X