• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer
    replied
    Forks for Tractor Front Loader

Originally posted by reggie
    channel...slop ends ,box bottoms,size of channel will be dictated by size of tractor and loads...lot of fork extentions made from channels
    Thanks Reggie. Loads about 1/4 ton or a little larger. I think I may have a source for scrap channel 5 or 6 inches wide with maybe an inch or two flange. Flat plat on the bottom should do it.
    What about connecting to bucket? I was thinking about making brackets, welding them to the bucket and fab round rod to the forks for attaching. That way they would adjust easy. I guess we could drill and bolt to the bucket, but then they are only in one position. Make sense?

Leave a comment:

• Geezer
    started a topic Forks for Tractor Front Loader

Forks for Tractor Front Loader

A friend of mine has a small 28 horse tractor with a front loader. He would like some forks so he can move small palletts and other stuff.

I thought I would ask and see if anyone has any ideas/recommendations wrt design and type of metal? I seen a home brew set with 1 1/4 solid bar stock with welded brackets that slip on the loader. I also seen flat stock that affix to the loader with bolts, reenforced on the bottom for strength. Recommendations appreciated. Thanks
Working...
X