Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillyD
    replied
    every time I use it, it seams like I have to drill new holes to bolt the motor on

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Billy,
    That looks like one of my earlier attempts at a silhouette target for my Mini-14... A .223 leaves about a 1/2" copper-plated hole in 1/4" mild steel like crap through a goose.

Leave a comment:

• BillyD
    replied
    Sorry that`s my first post, I didn`t mean to put it there.

Leave a comment:

• BillyD
    replied
    mini engine stand

This is just somthing that I tossed together for working on small engines(snowmobile,atv,lawn mower).It works just like the full size ones just on a smaller scale.It`s a lot better than rolling the engine around on the work bench when your trying to put them together.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by 50#guage
    is the bottle (for wire fed units) flamable?
    No. At least , it shouldn't be, unless you are doing something strange. A wire-feed MIG uses either 100% CO2 (as in a type B fire extinguisher) or some mixture of CO2 with argon and/or helium (both inert.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    gas bottle

as a newcomer my question is- is the bottle (for wire fed units) flamable to the point where it should be in a separate area than a heater or furnace?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Reminds me of a little story that happened to a freind of mine in Tucson. A little twist on the ownership papers thing. He was renting his bottles and the outfit he was renting from sold out to another company. In the transfer his paperwork got lost and when he tried to get a refill there was no record of him, they said as far as they were concerned, he owned the bottles so he basicly got a free OA bottle set. As far as I know he has never had a problem filling them.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Originally posted by MAC702
    Depends on where you live. I find it odd every time I see somebody say that because I have receipts only for the two tanks I bought last month (and I don't plan on saving them.) I have 8 other tanks, NONE with receipts, and never have a problem exchanging them, and I've gotten gas from three different dealers in this area, Praxair, Airgas, and California Industrial.
    I have seen when there is a theft somewhere, they will start checking paper work. I havent been checked in a long time , but if they do, and you dont have it , you dont get it.

Leave a comment:

• Cajun Welder
    replied
    Tanks

I just bought two 125 cf tanks from Airgas for $164.00 each, and the 80 cf were around $159.00. So it was a no brainer on which to buy. I bought others in the past as well and have never had a problem exchanging them. But it wouldn't hurt to keep the receipt in case they ever ask for it. You may check around, and get a better price from someone in your area, make sure to check prices on the different sizes, the larger one may only be just a little more. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by burninbriar
    ( if you buy one its essential that you save youre sales record for proof of ownership).
    Depends on where you live. I find it odd every time I see somebody say that because I have receipts only for the two tanks I bought last month (and I don't plan on saving them.) I have 8 other tanks, NONE with receipts, and never have a problem exchanging them, and I've gotten gas from three different dealers in this area, Praxair, Airgas, and California Industrial.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Originally posted by m2h9p2
    thanks again....cyberweld seems to have the best price. another qustion, would I be better off buying a gas bottle($170) or renting it from the local NORCO store?
    If you plan to be in it for the long haul ,I think its better to buy a bottle. Haveing said that, I would not nessessarily go for a new one becouse after the first exchange you have some old used one any way. The place that rents bottles and exchanges them in my area sold me used one much cheaper than buying a new one. The big advantage is that I can exchange it anywhere since its mine , with papers. ( if you buy one its essential that you save youre sales record for proof of ownership).

Leave a comment:

• m2h9p2
    replied
    thanks again....cyberweld seems to have the best price. another qustion, would I be better off buying a gas bottle($170) or renting it from the local NORCO store?

Leave a comment:

• Cajun Welder
    replied
    cyperweld

I saw cyperweld mentioned earlier and I just purchase a new Miller Trailblazer 302 from them. I had no problems whatsoever and they had a super price. Would definitely buy from them again. Go luck with your new machine.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by m2h9p2
    Thanks for the advice. I was wanting the 210 anyway, hopefully i'll get it ordered this week
    Excellent decision. The 210 is by far a more user friendly unit then the 175. Plus performance wise the the 210 is a far better unit then the 175.

Leave a comment:

• m2h9p2
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I was wanting the 210 anyway, hopefully i'll get it ordered this week

Leave a comment:

Working...
X