Clear All
  • fun4now
    • Aug 2006

are you shore its welding?? it might be hubba bubba
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

• jjsjeff
      • May 2007

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
      are you shore its welding?? it might be hubba bubba
      Expandable foam was my first reaction.

Comment

• Smokey_
        • Jul 2007

those are some fine welding skills, think im going to ask for a raise tommorow.

Comment

• man of steel
          • Nov 2006

welds on bronco

nop amount of paint is going to fix that clump of pigeon ****,i wouldnt let anyone i cared about ride in that.It looks like a rollcage bar?that will probably snap right off when they need it most( in a roll over).I have a good friend who is in the restaurant business and he cheaped out and welded a gated rail around the sidewalk to make an area for people to sit and hacve dinner,well he welded everything cold with little or no penetration, until one of his customers leaned on it and ended up lying on the sidewalk ,then he called me to fix it.I made him teaar it all down and ordered new material because i wouldnt have gotten any penetration through all the gunk he had already built up on top,needless to say i told him i wouldnt sell food if he would stay away from welding stuff.(he is still in court ,customer is trying to sue him)wonder if he still thinks he saved a buck by not doing it right in the first place?

Comment

• fun4now
            • Aug 2006

biggest concern i would have about that cage is its going to snap and leave sharp open ended pipes sticking all over the place in a role over. if you were lucky you would get thrown clear, did i say lucky.
            bummer about the rail, i'm guessing you told him not to do it himself in the first place right. i don't think he saved much $$ after all. having a business you would think he would know better, would he buy week old fish from a street vendor to save $$ . probably not, so why risk the customers safety with a shoddy rail weld???? its unreal the things people do to save a $.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

• Bert
              • Mar 2007

MAN OF STEEL,
              All the customer has to do is show that rail in court and how badly it was made.The way you described it, uour friend doesn't have a chance!!!
              (My friend that did boat trailers for a living went to court a few times as an
              "expert" and they would go out to the boat trailer that was taken to the impound yard. He would always point out how the person who designed and welded that trailer made his mistakes. Most of them were cold welded with toes not even melted in the base metal. Would have been better off buying a cheap store-bought trailer! On the other hand, it was found that the owner of the store-bought trailer was found negligent, 'cause there were big holes in the axle from rust and no preventive care...)
              I'm not late...
              I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

• M-Tech
                • Aug 2007

Leaking?

A regular customer brought her car in last week with an exhaust noise. A chain muffler shop had welded the pipes, and they looked a lot like that roll cage. Can't understand how it could still leak with all of that goo on it.

Joe

Comment

• KBar
                  • Jul 2007

My concern is, how does somebody like that make it through life holding a welding job and make good wages yet.
                  Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
                  Hobart Handler 187
                  Dewalt Chop Saw
                  4" Air Grinder
                  Die Grinder
                  Rigid Drill Press
                  Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

• Jim-TX
                    • Sep 2006

Oh I doubt that a dobber like the one on the roll bar makes good wages. He did that for himself and is proud of it.
                    Jim

Comment

• fun4now
                      • Aug 2006

i think the problem is the guy that applied for the job in the other post.(with similar talents) and had been working in the welding trade. if he in fact was its guys like him bringing the wage and expectations of employers down for the guys that would rather run nacked threw rose bushes than make a weld like that. makes it harder for the true welder to get a decent starting wage when people like that call themselves welders, or any trade for that matter. i had the same problem with carpenters back when i had my comp. too many would get a job as a helper and a week later think they were carpenters and aether want a raise or quit and go tell some one else they were a carpenter to hire on at a better wage.
                      having the tools and a basic idea of how to use them dose not a true craftsmen make. be it the craft of welding carpenter or any of the other trades out there..
                      sorry rant off.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

• Jachin
                        • Jul 2007

at least you know that the man doesn't do this for a living, otherwise there would be far more concern. junk like that will get a man thrown out of a job site. and it makes kittens cry.

Comment

Working...
                        X