Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welder_one
    replied
    wow... just now caught that i didnt reply to this.... i only had to build/ hang the fans. bigas sfans (the company) balanced and timed them.

the barstool? winged it. i can try to draw up plans for it though, i gave it to my step-dad for his hunting lodge as well as a few others. next time im up there, i'll draft the plans

Leave a comment:

• g6Racer
    replied
    Looks like great / fun work.
    How did you balance the big fan blades?
    I like the bridge, looks sturdy.

Cool bar stool, I would love to make one like that.
    Did you make drawings or just wing it.

g6racer

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    let me add to my machine list, now i also have a trailblazer 275 dc, and a 12 vs extreme feeder. i love it!!! i put a bernard q-300 12 gun on the feeder. alot of $$$, wife not happy, but i'll make it back in the end.

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    i do have fun, i didnt enjoy it as much when i welded in the quarries. back then it was just a way to make a fair living.

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    Welcome Stan,

its good to have you join the board. nice pics you posted
    looks like you have fun

Welcome

...... Richard

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    i wish i had pics of it, but it took so long to make and then i had to paint it that when it was time for it to go i was very glad to let it be gone. i do have a pic of a modified f1 frame and sign for disney in orlando. it has a jumbotron in the "7" the top blank spot. it also gets a fiberglass mickey mouse ear set on top as well. danny (my boss) is putting screws in the face in the last pic.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    sound like a wierd sign

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    i do weld carbon and alot of other metals. i used to work in the rock quarries. no room for aluminum there. the job that i have now, almost everything is made of aluminum. at interstate sign i work in a department called special projects. i get engineer/ architectural drawings or even just a painting of what a sign is supposed to look like and then asked by my boss "can you build this. just make it work, please" so i am given a lot of creative room with aluminum. if you go to disney world in fl, all of those signs there, even the ones with tv's in them, i made them. all of the signs that change faces over the toll booths on the florida turnpike system, i made them. new jersey, new york, kansas, and others. i get some pretty weird ones too though, like at jacksonville international airport, in jax, fl. i made a sign that is 14 ft 6 inches tall and 63 feet long. 8 feet deep, has its own heat and air, running water, and sleep quarters. it has a 20 foot jumbotron(tv) in one end and a variable message display in the other that is 29 feet long. in the middle the sign "pokes out" 1 foot and up 6 inches. that part is 10 feet wide. fun part: no right angles. the designers did not want any right angles anywhere on that sign. sorry i got a little off track there (bad habit)lol

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    do you weld on carbon to ? just wondering

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    thanks. lot of fun

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    I like the bar stool

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    one more of the bar stool
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    here are a couple more pics of some projects: an aluminum dust pan (boredom) and a 2 legged bar stool out of aluminum. i thought my shop at home needed a little more stuff crammed in somehow.lol ooh, i almost forgot... also a pic of an aluminum parts washer/ solvent tank. (i have access to a lot of "scrap" aluminum)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    Originally posted by BWS29128 View Post
    Never mind..........after all of that, I accidentally joined the two words and found them by accident!
    that is funny, my local weld supply carried the arc one inverter. now they will try to sell the maxstar. a friend used to work there and he demo'ed the machine to me and said it would burn 1/8 7018 rods. if it don't bring it back. i took it home and tried it out. plugged it in to 110 power and i burned about 2 pounds of 1/8 7018 before i gave up on trying to make it cycle out. it is a little hard to start the arc though. it wont run 3/32 6010, but will run 3/32 6011, not 1/8 6011. arc1 said that it will scratch start tig, so i tried. let me tell you now, dont waste your time. it is a very good stick machine though.

Leave a comment:

• BWS29128
    replied
    Never mind..........after all of that, I accidentally joined the two words and found them by accident!

http://www.arc1weldsafe.com/weldingmachines.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X