X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • welderdude402
    • Feb 2009

Trailer Project

I am going to be starting on a 20' lawn business trailer this week. I will try to get some during pictures and the finished product when its done. It will have a 4'x7' dump box on the front for dumping the grass. Should be a pretty good project for a while anyway.
    sigpic
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Smith Torch Outfit
    Lots of Grinders
    Miller Elite Autodark Hood
    O'l Trusty Jackson
  • 57Belair
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by welderdude402 View Post
    I am going to be starting on a 20' lawn business trailer this week. I will try to get some during pictures and the finished product when its done. It will have a 4'x7' dump box on the front for dumping the grass. Should be a pretty good project for a while anyway.
    are you building this trailer for yourself dude?

Comment

• sailor
      • Feb 2008

Legs

Are you going to have drop down,pinnable legs to keep the rail from racking

Comment

• welderdude402
        • Feb 2009

no, the trailer is for my bro thats got his lawn business expanded and needed a bigger trailer. and instead of buying one then modifying it, its just cheaper to build it the way he wants it to begin with.
        sigpic
        Miller Trailblazer 302
        Smith Torch Outfit
        Lots of Grinders
        O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

• welderdude402
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          Are you going to have drop down,pinnable legs to keep the rail from racking
          keep the rail from racking? i assume you mean for when dumping?. no, there are no droppable legs for it. it will have a 2200 LB mower on it to keep it weighed down. i guess im just not exactly sure what you mean by that.
          sigpic
          Miller Trailblazer 302
          Smith Torch Outfit
          Lots of Grinders
          O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

• sailor
            • Feb 2008

Side dump ?

Dude, I assumed the box would be a side dump, being in the front part of the trailer.People almost always over load there truck or trailer sooner or later. A couple thousand pounds hung up in the box,then letting go at the same time would result in at lease some bouncing. If your rails have stiffners between them at the pivot attachment point of the dump box that should take care of the racking (frame rail twisting) problem.Anyway good luck with the project and keep us posted.

Comment

• welderdude402
              • Feb 2009

oh, ok, yeah, that makes sense. yes, there are braces across underneath the box. i always tend to make things stronger than they need to be, but i would rather have it that way anyway. thanks for clearing up the racking thing.
              sigpic
              Miller Trailblazer 302
              Smith Torch Outfit
              Lots of Grinders
              O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

Working...
              X