X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monte55
    started a topic Review winners projects

Review winners projects

How can you go back and view the 30 project winners after you vote. It won't let me get back...........it thinks I'm trying to vote again.

• fun4now
    replied
    maybe give the entrants the option to be contacted with questions ?? that way they could chose to be available if they were willing to help others build, and stay uncontacted if they dont have the time or intrest to help others.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Contact info

Thanks for the comments. I will bring up the idea the next time we have a welder challenge. I suspect there would be a concern that people may not enter if their e-mail address were publicized. We don't publish the person's whole name, so they can't be found/contacted easily. Also, all members are not message board members (only PowerClick) so we can't use a screen name to credit projects. Where I have used screen names is where I've taken the pictures right from the boards because I have no other way to safely give the person the proper credit.

Interesting point, like I said, I'll keep it in my pocket for next time.

Thanks!

PS: the voting ends Aug 15

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    its funny they can list our name with the project but not a contact e-mail ?? i would think it would be the other way around. an e-mail is not always a persons real name so for privacy you could use the e-mail instead of there name. it just seemed strange they could give out a name but not a screen name ?? thats all i was getting at.
    I agree with you James 110% looks to me it would be better using there e-mail then there name ( cause we could also e-mail them) cause most e-mail address ain`t people`s real names

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    its funny they can list our name with the project but not a contact e-mail ?? i would think it would be the other way around. an e-mail is not always a persons real name so for privacy you could use the e-mail instead of there name. it just seemed strange they could give out a name but not a screen name ?? thats all i was getting at.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Admin

Holly or whoever responds to Admin,
    thanks for doing such a great job! I know how hard it is trying to revise everything and keep people happy! I know I'm to blame some for people having a difficult time to find the thread or post for a specific answer, too many hijacks I promise to be better in the future
    But, what fun said, wish we could have SOME kind of contact info, and would be cool to put it in the contract to enter...
    Sincerely,
    bert

Leave a comment:

• littlefuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by wldrman View Post
    When does the voting end?
    Aug. 15 I think.

Leave a comment:

• wldrman
    replied
    Dumb Question??

When does the voting end?

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i thought entering the contest would give you consent to give out at least contact info like the member contact so we could PM or use the Miller e-mail option. that would still leave them unknown as to where they live and who they are, i thought the pic. said what it was and who made it ??
    maybe you could work that into the next contest rules so we could have an e-mail contact for entry's.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    contact the maker

We can't release the contact information for the project creator due to privacy concerns. We have to just refer people to the message boards in hopes that person is a member and will see the request surface.

I have some future ideas for project sharing where specifically a person can input pictures, plans and contact info if they'd like. I think the individual projects really seem to get lost in the message board and are difficult to browse as it is mixed in with lots of other subjects and conversations. This idea I have is pretty "pie-in-the-sky" right now, but it's something we're mulling around in our regular meetings regarding our Miller communities.

Any feedback you have is always welcome!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i made that recommendation but i suspect some of the entrants may not be regular users of the message boards. some may have also just been power click members but not board members. so a request may not get you the connection you are looking for, but could get you some ideas from others on the subject.
    also you would have to post on both boards as some don't hang out on both. and if they don't check in ofter the request would be gone off the front page be for they come on ??

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Fun...........wouldn't it be just as easy to post on the forum the project we want more info on? They're sure to see it.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    hwo about a link to the maker ??

i don't suppose you could set it up so we could e-mail or PM the maker of the items if we see some thing we would like to make but want a little more info from the maker ??
    some one was asking about a dump cart and i sent him to the image gallery to maybe get some ideas from the pic. and his next question was "do i know how to contact the maker for more info". so i was wondering if maybe you all could set up a way for us to contact the makers for helpful hints or problem solving.
    is that possible ???

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    idea gallery

No, there's no link to the 188, and many more were submitted than that, so ALL entries won't be available. We loaded all of the winners and what we felt were runners-up, and then I went through the rest and picked out a nice chunk which I felt were creative and would be a good addition to the gallery.

For the most part, the projects submitted will be found on the first few pages of the gallery, with the exception of metal art, where I posted the sculptures by weldress and one by aerin. (which she did not enter, and I'm sure they all took WAY more than 18 hours!!!)

Your CNC machine I posted from the message board as I thought it was a nice looking project and could inspire someone. I felt like there were so many great projects on our boards that had seemed previously hidden, so I surfaced them for people who might be browsing the gallery.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    Please send the screen shot.........nothing I do will work
    I thought the link from Admin was just entrants for 2007 Project Challenge but I'm seeing projects that were on the Idea Gallery before the Challenge started. I know my CNC Router/Plasma was not an entry. I still am not sure was is new and what was on prior to the Challenge. Is there a link just for the 188 entries picked for the idea gallery?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X