X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weld_13
    started a topic Welding Helmets

Welding Helmets

Hey I've been looking for a normal welding helmet(non autodarkining) but I am lookin for some that have the different styles and such but all i have found them in was auto darkining ones? I know jackson makes them but i havent been able to find someone that sells them or found them on their site. Does anyone know of somewhere to get a nonauto darkining hood? Thanks
    Last edited by weld_13; 07-26-2007, 08:23 AM.

• Jolly Roger
    replied
    welding depot and cyberweld both have a decent selection of jackson fixed shade hoods at decent prices, but any welding supply should be able to get any jackson you want (depending on what their supplier carries) all of their designs are available in fixed shade

Personally I want their newest one, cut weld and grind, with the largest viewing area in an auto-darkening hood, and the hood weighs six ounces

Mostly I use my pancake with a shade 10 autodark, weighs almost nothing, excellent overhead protection, no glare from the sun, or other welders, no flopping around

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    thanks James!! 'ppreciate it !!!

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    Yeap thats right !j/k

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    Yeh I think the helmets thing is kinda done with but the horseshoe thread is still on track

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    .shh.......it happens.

Leave a comment:

• littlefuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    yes they are both bearings, and yes it was a helmit thread. but the helmit stuff seems to have burned out or maybee we just got side tracked. .......... .....aaaaa, it happens, just go with it. comment's or question's on eather one welcome.
    you must've forgot spell check again

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    now all i need to do is find the time to play with it.
    i picked up a wood lath about 3 months ago and still have only played with it for about 20 minuets.
    too much garbage falling apart around her i have to fix to leave me much time to play.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i suspect if i get more into using it i will probly end up adding a few more wheels also, but for now its doing great.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Hey Fun...........thats my Blue English Wheel in the Idea Gallery. The top wheel is cast which I smoothed on my lathe and it works well. I didn't get it at TSC. I already had it. I tend to collect wheels for future projects.
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    yes they are both bearings, and yes it was a helmit thread. but the helmit stuff seems to have burned out or maybee we just got side tracked. .......... .....aaaaa, it happens, just go with it. comment's or question's on eather one welcome.

Leave a comment:

• littlefuzz
    replied
    Was the top wheel a bearing too? Wasn't this a thread on welding helmets I clicked on

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    a few more hammer pic's.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    how's that got ya coverd for pic's.
    yea i some times forget to use it (spell checker).

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    here is a flower petal and a leaf i worked on the wheel and hammer, just so you know it worked. i would have loved to buy one but have you seen the price of them things i also added a air presher adjustment and shut off valve to help keep things running as needed. all in all its a great set up.

i entered it in the miller contest but some one won with one they made with a steel cart wheel from TSC last year so i guess they figured they had it covert. needless to say i didn't make it to the vote stage. oh well at least i have one now, just use the competition as an excuse to get off my but and get it done. about $80.00 total for the hole thing. the bearings are from TSC and were the most expensive part. i looked at the steel casters the other guy used (be for i knew of his) and didn't like them. not smooth enough and not hard enough. the casters are just steel, where as the bearings are hardend and very smooth, better choice i thought but go with what works for you if ya make one.
    also a few shots of the wheel off when i chang it over to a hammer. same frame just different attachments. i used all thread for the circle at the bottom of the adjustment screw so i could adjust it with my knee. the all thread gets a good grip on my pants so i can work it as needed without using my hands. you have to be able to adjust wile working it or you are just screwed, well it might work just not as well.
    enjoy the pic's
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fun4now; 07-31-2007, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X