Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Seaman
    • Sep 2005

Bert, No alcohol involved only unfortunate Mother nature. Laid a tree on it. I drove the tree to the saw mill laying on top of the truck with the cab crushed in. It hung over on each end by about 8 feet. I couldn't move the top so I pushed it out of the way. A foot full of 300 hp and a bad attitude!!!

I was on US roadways when each deer was slain, one of them was a really bad ride nearly caused me to flip the truck, as I was towing a 7000 lb trailer at the time.

I feel lucky each day that God lets me walk upon this earth.

Paul

Comment

• Bert
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Paul Seaman View Post
      Bert, No alcohol involved only unfortunate Mother nature. Laid a tree on it. I drove the tree to the saw mill laying on top of the truck with the cab crushed in. It hung over on each end by about 8 feet. I couldn't move the top so I pushed it out of the way. A foot full of 300 hp and a bad attitude!!!

I was on US roadways when each deer was slain, one of them was a really bad ride nearly caused me to flip the truck, as I was towing a 7000 lb trailer at the time.

I feel lucky each day that God lets me walk upon this earth.

Paul
      Glad you are thanking the right guy I used to hear a lot of stories about the deer jumping out on the road at night, can total your whole car/truck. Wow, glad you survived that one and/or didn't hurt anyone else in the process!!!!!!!!!!
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

• DrBob
        • Dec 2008

Deer Sympathy

Paul,
        I recently hit a deer on a local country road. She jumped out about five feet in front of my car. No time to react.
        Here is part of the 10 page bill from the body shop.

Parts 5502.53
        Body Labor 1152.00
        Paint Labor 810.00
        Frame Labor 225.00
        Paint Supplies396.00
        Sublet/misc. 181.00
        Other Chgs. 185.00
        Sales tax 708.28
        Total 9160.31

That was a nearly $10,000 deer! Thank God for insurance!
        DrBob
        P.S. It appears that threre is heavy corrosion on the bracket that broke.
        Could that have something to do with the problem? Maybe some Rustoleum?

Comment

• Flyingpig
          • May 2008

What appears to be corrosion is light rust from where I welded it the last time. It was ground for the weld but the paint burnt off somewhat. It was fixed maybe only 6 months ago at the most.

I hit 2 deer in 2 weeks in my manly truck and the bumper is bent up and the plastic grille is cracked. I should adjust my headlight but havent yet.
          Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
          Miller 180 w/Autoset
          Old cutting torch on LPG

Comment

• Paul Seaman
            • Sep 2005

Bummer repair bill, I feel your pain.

Corrosion on a part could have a contribution to the squeek for sure.

Paul

Comment

• Flyingpig
              • May 2008

The squeak is from the broken pieces rubbing together.

Miller 180 w/Autoset
              Old cutting torch on LPG

Comment

• Bert
                • Mar 2007

Wow! Now I understand when I hear about hitting a cow or deer can total someones car or truck! My condoences about your accident, but wow, just glad YOU'RE ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I'm not late...

Comment

• Flyingpig
                  • May 2008

Around here youre much better off with a truck or full sized car. If you hit one with a small car, you just take their legs out and they can get in through the windshield. The inside of the car isnt a good place for a deer at 60 mph.

Miller 180 w/Autoset
                  Old cutting torch on LPG

Comment

• joshua27818
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Flyingpig View Post
                    I use the manly truck to kill deer. Not the girly one.
                    Hello all I just recently got my 92 ford ranger back on the road there is quite the story to go with it. It all started after my head on car wreak and my dad buying me the truck. Welll i drover it for a year or two then I bought my explorer. well fast foward and year or so ok now I let my brother start driving it and he is a "NEW DRIVER" well i just knew the truck was good s gone but luck would be the other way around for this truck. The first time he came home and told me he hit a deer with it I went and looked just knowing that he had totaled it I go to the truck and all that is there is some deer hair on the bumper i said D@!m so went back in and never thought about it again week or two later he came home and said the samething but this time it was 2 deer he hit this time just some blood on the fender. well finally my brother goes and buys himself a 89 toyota 4x4, lifted, everything nice truck to great shape, (old man used it to pull his weldor and thats it) anyways my brother dosn't even have it two weeks and totals the truck buy well you guessed it hitting 3 deer mesing up the bumper, grill, lights, both fenders, a/c condensor, radiator needless to say that deer felt my brothers size 14's up its arse for about 5 or 10 min. When he finally tells me what happend I tell him later holding the keys up to my ranger "you want her back" remeber "shes got three kills so far and nothing damaged" he just looked and snarled at me i just rofl

But to make a long story short yes deer in NC do horrable things to cars especilly during hunting season. (with the exception of fords at least my fords)

Comment

• Bert
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by joshua27818 View Post
                      Hello all I just recently got my 92 ford ranger back on the road there is quite the story to go with it. It all started after my head on car wreak and my dad buying me the truck. Welll i drover it for a year or two then I bought my explorer. well fast foward and year or so ok now I let my brother start driving it and he is a "NEW DRIVER" well i just knew the truck was good s gone but luck would be the other way around for this truck. The first time he came home and told me he hit a deer with it I went and looked just knowing that he had totaled it I go to the truck and all that is there is some deer hair on the bumper i said D@!m so went back in and never thought about it again week or two later he came home and said the samething but this time it was 2 deer he hit this time just some blood on the fender. well finally my brother goes and buys himself a 89 toyota 4x4, lifted, everything nice truck to great shape, (old man used it to pull his weldor and thats it) anyways my brother dosn't even have it two weeks and totals the truck buy well you guessed it hitting 3 deer mesing up the bumper, grill, lights, both fenders, a/c condensor, radiator needless to say that deer felt my brothers size 14's up its arse for about 5 or 10 min. When he finally tells me what happend I tell him later holding the keys up to my ranger "you want her back" remeber "shes got three kills so far and nothing damaged" he just looked and snarled at me i just rofl

But to make a long story short yes deer in NC do horrable things to cars especilly during hunting season. (with the exception of fords at least my fords)
                      wow! surprised the Ranger could take the hits!!! I guess the front end is the best thing on the truck, mines couldn't hold up 800lbs of gravel without the back tires about to go out! Lucky your brother didn't hit 3 deer and total 3 trucks!!!
                      I'm not late...

Comment

Working...
                      X