X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireburner
    started a topic Horse shoe art??

Horse shoe art??

i am wanting to start making horse shoe art stuff to give away and sell ,like coat hangers and mail box toppers , iwas wanting to know how much a single horse shoe coasted , looked at tsc and belive it was 2.98 a shoe if you have some thoughts or designs or plans please shoe me Thanks Chris

• SNUNEZ
    replied
    horse shoe art

Hi I have made some horseshoe art also one of the cheap ones is a beer bottle holder google bottle holders youll see

Leave a comment:

• PTsideshow
    replied
    Having spent over 35 years in small businesses that started as hobbies and got out of hand. These type threads are a great source of info and ideas, plus that's why they have search functions on these forums. It may not be of interest to all that frequent this forum. But it will be if only a passing interest to a number of members. That is what is so great about these forums whether you are a new hobbyist or an old hand pipeliner/rig welder that is looking to fill some down time between jobs. You can find it here!

Leave a comment:

• Markswelding
    replied
    art

wow who would have thought that horse shoes would be as big as they are what a therad.
    That's what I need an idea

Leave a comment:

• Nitesky
    replied
    Wow, what an old thread

Leave a comment:

• PTsideshow
    replied
    Not to rain on your parade, going into business isn't easy as pick up a couple of shoes welding them together and doubling the price.
    You have to factor in the cost of your tools, assorted supplies, wire/rod, electricity other stuff that you will use in producing the items. Then you add in the profit and come up with a price for wholesale and then retail.
    That is one reason that the income tax agency, says a new business can take a loss 3 out of 5 years.

The other thing is there are 1,000's of people that are already making and selling horse shoe art on the net. I just did a google search for "horse shoe art" over 15,000,000 hits in (0.19 seconds)

You would have to find a wholesaler of shoes and buy them direct, or have a number of sources for used/worn shoes.

The stories you hear about people, making money with their shop created art. Usually don't talk about the problems, and the PIA it was till they got going.

So if your not going trying to support your self or family, right of the gate.Not going to happen. Then you should also be looking into the small business administration web site for information and direction in starting a business.
    And do a google search you will have more ideas for projects, and an idea of what people are trying to sell them for. They may or may not be selling any items at those prices.

Plus the economy isn't the greatest, for the extras people use to buy in most area's of the US.
    And there is a reason why hot foot uses all kinds of items other than horseshoes in his art. and he is in the center of the cowboy decor world. To many other people making things with horseshoes!

Leave a comment:

• ClarkDaniels
    replied
    Just starting out

Hey everyone,
    Saw some really great posts here so decided to be a noob to it all and ask a question. I am just starting out with thinking about doing some horseshoe art , have a couple suppliers I believe can supply with some good used horseshoes for free and would love to know your thoughts on some decently cheap welders that would be good for starting off with . I did some welding in high school, just not sure what type of welder would be good to start this kind of project on. Your thoughts and tips are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Daniel.

P.S. Would love it if I could get away with only having to buy small tanks of gasses from places (If thats possible lol) hate having to rent them out and have to have a steady fee of renting gasses and tanks lol.
    Last edited by ClarkDaniels; 09-02-2011, 04:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    your imagination is astounding!!! FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jeeperjohn
    replied
    A few more.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    Here is another, quite simple to make.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    jeeperjohn,
    wow, good imagination! looks great

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    looks good

Leave a comment:

• jeeperjohn
    replied
    Some more horseshoe art.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    here is a pic. of a thing I made for my Grand-parents for there table to put hot skillets and pots on .
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    James, thanks for the e-bay tips!!!
    Jonnymag, looks pretty darn good!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X