Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wireburner
    • Dec 2006

Thanks Weld_13 , any more help would be awesome!

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

• weld_13
      • Mar 2007

Im lookin to get into stuff like this http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODEN-SHELF-HOR...QQcmdZViewItem . Found it on ebay.
      welding...its awsome

Comment

• wireburner
        • Dec 2006

I want to stick with horse shoes and maybe a little sheet metal and rod , paper towl holders Etc., reason cause I ain`t got a plasma cutter , have to use my cousins ` all the time

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

• weld_13
          • Mar 2007

Haha yeh i know the feeling. The closest person i know with a plasma cutter is a 3 hour drive away so i think i can do without. I might try makin somethin like that with one of them air powered ratory cutters they seem to be well setup but dont know if they work on metal?
          welding...its awsome

Comment

• wireburner
            • Dec 2006

could use hand shears if ya got a pair

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

• weld_13
              • Mar 2007

Hers another good idea for a pic frame http://store.horsegiftsandart.com/17205.html?source=fg
              welding...its awsome

Comment

• wireburner
                • Dec 2006

thanks here is some more designshttp://www.tossedshoe.com/store_index.html

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

• Bert
                  • Mar 2007

guys! Ever think of using a jig saw? Get a good one, $150 or more. A cheap one will make you hate it!. Good bi-metal blade made for thin metal. Used it a lot before I got my plasma...
                  I'm not late...
                  I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

• fun4now
                    • Aug 2006

Iron man, great looking stuff. sorry to see you having to sell it at such a low price, have you looked into maybe consignment selling at a anteak or gift stoor?? i just cant see you getting anywhere near your value for your work out of the e-bay market. the lily centerpice for instance is way more work than a $19.00 price tag dose justice. its hard to find the right market for well crafted work. ..been there done that. i got a hole shed full of stuff i would rather see rust away to dust befor selling at the price some have offerd. too many people just dont apreceate the work required to produce some thing anymore, every thing gets judged against what you can get a cheap mass produced P.O.S. they can get from mex. or the dollar store. shame realy but hard work and skill just isent apreceated like it used to be.

boys the horse show thing is agreat idea but as I.M. said be carfull when priceing not to forget the extra's. cheap paint looks cheap, so get atleast a good brand of paint even if it is out of a spray can. Krylon or rustolyum have booth held up well for me but at $4 a can, primer, paint, clear coat, it can add up fast. a good selection is also important so you dont have to comprimise your design due to not having the collor you realy wanted. a coaping saw with a good metal blade is also a good thin steel plate cutter. 14-16gage stands up on its own prity well but can be tuff to work with.
                    also keep in mind a $10 engraver will not only keep the design on the pice wile you cut it out without rubbing off but will also add texture and design to the pice if used in diferent way it can do a nice job of clmost colloring. by adding diferent shading designs of patterns you can create light to dark area's similer to black and white pictures with light to dark being the only color options.
                    good luck.
                    be shore no matter what you decide to make that its some thing you injoy doing. that way if it dosent sell as planed its not waisted time, its just a hobbie that hasent made any $$ so to speek.
                    FWIW:
                    a horse shoe turned with the open part down is said to have spilled out all its luck.
                    be shore to share your creations with the rest of us when you get them compleat.

P.S. forgive the mess but the pic shows all the paints i went out and got when i decided to start making steel flowers.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by fun4now; 07-25-2007, 05:21 AM.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

• fun4now
                      • Aug 2006

found a few pic's of the flowers the paint was purchased for.
                      a few horse shoes would make a nice base for some flowers.
                      Attached Files
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                      JAMES

Comment

• ww8j
                        • Apr 2007

Horseshoe coat rack

Here is a coat rack I made for a utility room, with shoes purchased from TSC. Five shoes were used , each at $2.58. About 13.00 to make not including paint.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Leons2003
                          • Sep 2005

I found it is easier to use new shoes for making furniture due to the shoes are the same size, ie coffee table legs, ends and sides and no clean-up before welding. Last new shoes I purchased from a local farrier supply was a 25# box,~45/box of Delta Keg "0" were $1.12 ea., of course the price will vary w/the shoe size.
                          I have a local farrier that gave me several 5gal. buckets of used, but a PITA due to sorting sizes, removing nails and prepping the weld areas, but a hellofalot cheaper, and of course the burning horse sh.. is something ya have to overcome .
                          If you have access to a tig, the alumimum racing shoe make some cool items as well.
                          Here is a freestanding t-paper holder i created sometime back.
                          Good luck
                          L*S
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Leons2003; 07-25-2007, 08:49 AM. Reason: added text and pic

Comment

• wireburner
                            • Dec 2006

i want to make stuff I like thses pictures and was thinking if the shoe cots$3 & there is 3 shoes charge $15 4 the finshed product with paint and every thing
                            Attached Files

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

• wireburner
                              • Dec 2006

here is some more
                              Attached Files

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

• wireburner
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                                Iron man, great looking stuff. sorry to see you having to sell it at such a low price, have you looked into maybe consignment selling at a anteak or gift stoor?? i just cant see you getting anywhere near your value for your work out of the e-bay market. the lily centerpice for instance is way more work than a $19.00 price tag dose justice. its hard to find the right market for well crafted work. ..been there done that. i got a hole shed full of stuff i would rather see rust away to dust befor selling at the price some have offerd. too many people just dont apreceate the work required to produce some thing anymore, every thing gets judged against what you can get a cheap mass produced P.O.S. they can get from mex. or the dollar store. shame realy but hard work and skill just isent apreceated like it used to be.

boys the horse show thing is agreat idea but as I.M. said be carfull when priceing not to forget the extra's. cheap paint looks cheap, so get atleast a good brand of paint even if it is out of a spray can. Krylon or rustolyum have booth held up well for me but at $4 a can, primer, paint, clear coat, it can add up fast. a good selection is also important so you dont have to comprimise your design due to not having the collor you realy wanted. a coaping saw with a good metal blade is also a good thin steel plate cutter. 14-16gage stands up on its own prity well but can be tuff to work with.
                                also keep in mind a $10 engraver will not only keep the design on the pice wile you cut it out without rubbing off but will also add texture and design to the pice if used in diferent way it can do a nice job of clmost colloring. by adding diferent shading designs of patterns you can create light to dark area's similer to black and white pictures with light to dark being the only color options.
                                good luck.
                                be shore no matter what you decide to make that its some thing you injoy doing. that way if it dosent sell as planed its not waisted time, its just a hobbie that hasent made any $$ so to speek.
                                FWIW:
                                a horse shoe turned with the open part down is said to have spilled out all its luck.
                                be shore to share your creations with the rest of us when you get them compleat.

P.S. forgive the mess but the pic shows all the paints i went out and got when i decided to start making steel flowers.
                                Fun, my cousin gets paint from his work free ,it is a super good paint, may get some from him, then once I get some money made I buy a lot of Kyrlon paint, wll I need to primer them before I paint them?

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X