X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSSEC
    started a topic My Welding Truck

My Welding Truck

A few photos of my welding rig I can load or unload in about 15 min. I am Miller all the way.
    Attached Files

• vin-man welding
    replied
    OK. thats a great idea. i don't think I'd try it with my Chevy 1 ton with fiberglass sides. did you reinforce the bed?
    the company i worked for had a 350 with a rack and we'd carry some heavy beams on it till one day we show that the bed was pushed down about 1.5 inch's and the side were pushing outward. the rack never bent but the body was bad off. we put a cross brace and kept on running it.
    i really like it, I'm going look at my bed to see if i can do something.

Leave a comment:

• JSSEC
    replied
    Reels

Will post tomorrow afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Nice another ford man.Cool setup pretty slick.

Leave a comment:

• J. Strunck
    replied
    Welding Truck

Plenty Slick!

John

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I own a couple rigs of my own, I know how important it is to have the ability to carry 4 x 8 sheets of wood.

I think putting your welders up high is a good idea if you want to work out of a pick up bed.

Leave a comment:

• JSSEC
    replied
    Drinks

Water and Diet Coke on those hot 12-16 hour days.

Leave a comment:

• fendermender
    replied
    That is a very badass rig!
    What is in the blue cooler?

Leave a comment:

• lanceman73
    replied
    Nice!!!

It's nice having both! One for welding and one for a truck. I built my truck that way. I have a 4' x 8' bed with it loaded, check it out. Also, I built the monster from scratch. The post is "Build your own service truck"

Leave a comment:

• JSSEC
    replied
    That was my intent

Like I said above It was a lot more useful for me to leave the factory bed and raise my welders. I have had numerous welding truck with flat beds like most welders but my bed was covered with my welding gear and never could carry any additional equipment or supplies. I can still carry a 4' x 8' sheet, ladder or 5 gallon buckets of primer paint. I don't know for sure but I think the factory bed is even lighter, as show in the photos I scale 11000 lbs with the tool boxes full and 21900 towing the fork lift in the first photo.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Goulet!
    replied
    Thats a nice set up. I like that. You get alot more out of the truck that way.

Leave a comment:

• J. Strunck
    replied
    Service Truck

Nice pics of your service truck!

Take Care,

John

Leave a comment:

• Railmen
    replied
    Originally posted by JSSEC View Post
    I fabricate and install stair and railing for www.urbanactive.com gyms. Use this rig when installing stair and railing first welder is tacking it in place with a 7018 stick rod and running power for grinder, band saw, hilti drill etc and the second welders is sewing it up with .035 feeder mig gun. If you run accessories from the rear welder with the mig you notice it a lot.

IC just a thought, I am always looking for ways to cut costs and make things smiple.

But if it works then DO IT, as my old boss says..............

other then that looks good.

Railmen

Leave a comment:

• JSSEC
    replied
    Thanks

Originally posted by stick man View Post
    Ive seen your rig around town several times always commented to my help how good it looks, hope your busiser than we are.
    Works great for me

Leave a comment:

• JSSEC
    replied
    Bobcat Usage

Originally posted by Railmen View Post
    well now i caught on i see you have two welders on that rig...............

why the need for two??

you could save yourself lots of space and fuel cost by maybe running like a CST280/250 off the front of your newer 250, i guess it just depends on how much power you need on the second arc?? or even like a maxstar 200 draw very little and work great.......

just my two cents.

i have a TB302 and i have run a XMT 304 off the front and run both machines on 5/32 rod all day once....

Railmen
    I fabricate and install stair and railing for www.urbanactive.com gyms. Use this rig when installing stair and railing first welder is tacking it in place with a 7018 stick rod and running power for grinder, band saw, hilti drill etc and the second welders is sewing it up with .035 feeder mig gun. If you run accessories from the rear welder with the mig you notice it a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X