Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JNH92
    replied
    thank you for the kind words, that is so true, I didn't want anything that would draw too much attention. Also, it's removable since I will only use is during deer season....two bolts and it's off the truck.
    This site gave me alot of ideas....thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• shunt56
    replied
    Also good for short person checking engine compartment!

Leave a comment:

• kiwi
    replied
    That is a very nice design. It is subtle and does not take away from the looks of your truck. Sometimes less is more in my opinion.
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• JNH92
    replied
    Yes, I drilled some holes on the pipe and bolted it onto the frame, it's an "L" shape underneath and it goes up to the frame.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    LOL!!! COOL! SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE!!!
    How did you tie it in? the frame?
    nice job

Leave a comment:

• JNH92
    replied
    Finished Product

Thanks guys for all the suggestions...here is what I came up with....tried it this past weekend and it worked perfect! Thanks again and love this site
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    i forgot to mention the ease of trailer moving with the front hitch, thanks Vicegrip
    Sorry got so busy looking at the pix I missed your recomendation in the text.

Leave a comment:

• JNH92
    replied
    Thanks guys...you sure are full of ideas....I definately will share pics, when I get going....thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i forgot to mention the ease of trailer moving with the front hitch, thanks Vicegrip

nfinch86 i have pushed a car or two with it.
    i made it out of 10 or 12 gage, so the teeth are a lot stronger than they look. used a O/A torch to bend them into shape and a little spectrum 125 to cut the skull. the back lighting is hooked into the parking lights, so when i turn on the lights at night it shows up great.
    i coated the hole thing with rubber bed liner ( similar to ryno-liner) so i have not had any trouble with scratches or rust. been on there for a few years now and still looks good as new.
    you can get spray on bed liner at wally-world, great stuff, i also lined my lawn mower trailer with it. stuff works great, for $8 a can you cant beat the protection and you can paint over it.

JNH92 be shore to share some pic's when you Get-R-Done.

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied
    Use a hitch socket and then you can easly slide in a L shaped bump bar when it is needed. Handy for moving trailers in tight spots too. `

Leave a comment:

• JNH92
    replied
    great advice everyone...thanks for the input. I think I'm going to bolt something on the frame and weld it together so it will pertrude through the bumper opening. I'll keep u guys posted. wish me luck!

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

Fun4now, Man you push some stuff around with that rig on the front of
    your truck !! Looks real good, gives me something to think about ??........ Norm :

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Strap an old tire to the front..........

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i would just make a simple bolt under push type. i got a bit caried away with mine, but it bolts on under the bumper and threw it as well. but if ya just want to add some thing to hit a gate, maybe atach a trailor 2" recever to the front that you can slide the push bumper into when needed and pull it out for other times. you could make a winch plate also to slide in. once the recever is in place the options are wide open.

HF sells a small bolt on reciever for like $11 i think it was.

my son helped with the design of mine, got a little caried away.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JNH92
    replied
    Good one...believe me, that's how I feel sometimes!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X