• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• master_apprentice
    started a topic Tool list

Tool list

Hey y'all

Since I'm heading out west in the next few months I'm just looking to get a few ideas for tools. I already have started getting some together. Obviously a tape measure, torpedo level, scribe, regular 24'' level etc etc . But I'm looking for tools you guys would find most valuable to remove and make the job a bit easier to get done. I'm open to any ideas and am willing to get a bigger tool box. So please feel free to enlighten me and my fellow apprentices and please give us a tool list.

• m.k.swelding
    replied
    Everything you can fit on your truck

Leave a comment:

• sailor
    replied
    Don't forget a bunch of Respectful and Reliable and Enthusiasm.

Leave a comment:

• FATFAB
    replied
    Originally posted by K Williams View Post
    -45F?!? How do you bolt up(or anything else LOL) at -45F? Your gloves must have 3" of insulation top and bottom. Wow... What Local are you out of?
    I hire out of 751 Anchorage. and the gloves are not needed if you keep moving. lol

At -45 you want to be the welder.

Leave a comment:

• ace4059
    replied
    Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
    K Williams, Hi;

Out of Curiosity what is a Leatherman Tool ??
    ................ Norm
    have fun looking at there website.
    http://www.leatherman.com/multi-tool...charge-al.aspx

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Originally posted by K Williams View Post
    Ironworker apprentice?

12" Crescent wrench(aka adjustable aka wescott) or 16" Crescent spud
    Leatherman tool
    Pocket knife
    25' or 30' tape measure
    Pen, pencil, soapstone, permanent marker
    Small notepad
    K Williams, Hi;

Out of Curiosity what is a Leatherman Tool ??
    ................ Norm

Leave a comment:

• 57Belair
    replied
    dont forget the rolling papers

Leave a comment:

• ALICIA21
    replied
    Originally posted by master_apprentice View Post
    Hey y'all

Since I'm heading out west in the next few months I'm just looking to get a few ideas for tools. I already have started getting some together. Obviously a tape measure, torpedo level, scribe, regular 24'' level etc etc . But I'm looking for tools you guys would find most valuable to remove and make the job a bit easier to get done. I'm open to any ideas and am willing to get a bigger tool box. So please feel free to enlighten me and my fellow apprentices and please give us a tool list.
    great article. I will bookmark this

Leave a comment:

• K Williams
    replied
    Artic Temp IW

Originally posted by FATFAB View Post
    Ten pound single jack with a short handle, bull pin, spud wrenches (5/8-1 1/4), slever bar, bolt bags, hard hat, fall protection harness, welding hood with hard hat rig, arctic clothing good to -45F, and lunch.
    Pay is only $19.08 + $8.08 PH for a first year, #32.29 + 19.08 PH for a foreman.

But you only need this list if you want to do real work
    -45F?!? How do you bolt up(or anything else LOL) at -45F? Your gloves must have 3" of insulation top and bottom. Wow... What Local are you out of?

Leave a comment:

• K Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by master_apprentice View Post
    Hey y'all

Ironworker apprentice?

12" Crescent wrench(aka adjustable aka wescott) or 16" Crescent spud
    Leatherman tool
    Pocket knife
    25' or 30' tape measure
    Pen, pencil, soapstone, permanent marker
    Small notepad

Leave a comment:

• shott8283
    replied
    a leatherman and a log of Copenhagan....

and some toilet paper

Leave a comment:

• welderman23
    replied
    Originally posted by jweller View Post
    WD-40 and Duct tape.

Is there anything else anyone could possibly need
    you said it all

Leave a comment:

• redintn
    replied
    If you got to buy anything, do it when you get there and just what you need.
    No need to take to much, the stuff will grow legs, if you know what I mean.
    Parking at a sleep over(motel) is risky at night, you might get cleaned out.

Leave a comment:

• mebuildit
    replied
    A big garbage can, Hammer, screwdriver that doubles as a chisel, Duct tape like someone said earlier, band aids, fire extinguisher and a fridge to hold all of your beer.

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

Originally posted by FATFAB View Post
    Ten pound single jack with a short handle, bull pin, spud wrenches (5/8-1 1/4), slever bar, bolt bags, hard hat, fall protection harness, welding hood with hard hat rig, arctic clothing good to -45F, and lunch.
    Pay is only $19.08 + $8.08 PH for a first year, #32.29 + 19.08 PH for a foreman.

But you only need this list if you want to do real work
    Sounds Like you are one Chilly IronWorker!!! It's Cold enough here in Ontario!!.. Lots of Luck!!!......... Norm :

Leave a comment:

Working...
X