• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weld_13
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    James,
    r90s seems to know enough, but if you want REAL up-to-date info, you have to go and ask Wirburner!!!!!!!!! Punk is 13 years old!!!
    If we had a 7y/o, I would ask him !!!!!!!!!!
    Hey we aint all punks. We welder punks . U just cant let it go can can u bert teenagers showin u up... .haha jk
    welding...its awsome

Comment

• wireburner
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by weld_13 View Post
      Hey we aint all punks. We welder punks . U just cant let it go can can u bert teenagers showin u up... .haha jk
      yeah wat he said ! j/k

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

• grumpy42
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
        so now do i need a winamp player too ???
        Personally, I suggest that you leave the other stuff and just stick with Winamp. It will do everything you need (at least the Pro version will). Speaking of the pro version, if you are not sure that you want to pay for the pro features without first "testing" them then you can use the following registration information to enable the pro features (like ripping CDs to MP3)
        Name: www.serials.ws
        Registration Key: 6XOMPBDVONFFLXEFNUW9

Winamp is really all you need. When you start Winamp press "Alt-L" to display the "media library" window when you insert a CD, winamp will automatically do a CDDB lookup and download all of the CD info (CD name, artist, track titles, etc.). Then you click rip and away you go. Just make sure that it is set for MP3 encoding (Options->Preferences->Cd Ripping select "MP3 Encoder" from the "Encoding Format" Menu). If you click the "Output file Settings" tab you can specify where your CD rips will be saved.

Winamp is what I used when I ripped a 180 CD Mozart collection

And if your conscience is bothering you, you can always pay the $14.95. Perhaps I should do that, now if I can just remember where I left my conscience
        Dynasty 200DX
        MM252 w/ Spoolmatic 30A
        Spectrum 675

Comment

• fun4now
          • Aug 2006

thanks,grumpy42. not so much i dont want to pay the $14.95 i did not even know what the pay part was yet. just saw the buy it part after i downloaded it??
          any how we got a ILO from wally world, its cheap , has a 1MB storage and accepts SD cards and drag and drop loading. now just gotta figure out where to get the tunes from?
          some of her CD's we will be turning into MP3 if i can figure out how to do it.just starting to get into the instructions,
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

• Bert
            • Mar 2007

weld13 and wireburner...GOOD COMEBACK
            James, I used to use winamp, very cool!!!

r90s, your smiley's are getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I'm not late...
            I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

• r90s
              • Apr 2007

Tanks

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              weld13 and wireburner...GOOD COMEBACK
              James, I used to use winamp, very cool!!!

r90s, your smiley's are getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              I got the best smileys on the block.

Poetry:
              But, if I could just have an animated avatar, then the world would b a better place. I would replace the Red Hat avatar, with great and speedy haste.

hint, hint.........Miller are you listening?
              It only involves one check box on your end!
              Last edited by r90s; 07-19-2007, 05:29 AM.
              Careful with That Axe, Eugene

Comment

• alha
                • Aug 2006

thanks,grumpy42. not so much i dont want to pay the $14.95 i did not even know what the pay part was yet. just saw the buy it part after i downloaded it??
                any how we got a ILO from wally world, its cheap , has a 1MB storage and accepts SD cards and drag and drop loading. now just gotta figure out where to get the tunes from?
                some of her CD's we will be turning into MP3 if i can figure out how to do it.just starting to get into the instructions,
                James, you can use Winamp full version to do it, or you can use the ripper you downloaded. Either should work for you. Once you have all your CD's turned into mp3's, you'll probably want to find more music, and thats where it gets interesting. There are pay services and P2P networks you can get your music from, you want to avoid anything with DRM (Digital Rights Management) as you won't have ownership/control of your music if it has it. Peer 2 Peer has been the most common way to get it, for free, but there's some risk associated with it. Pay services are starting to come into their own, but the industry needs to understand that DRM is a non-starter. Until they do, free sites aren't going anywhere.

Do you plan on needing more music than your current CD collection anytime soon? If not, keep doing research on it, and we'll help you find places to get more of the music you are looking for.

Comment

• fun4now
                  • Aug 2006

i think i read about the DRM, is that the one that only plays for a set amount of time then you lose it?? the i-pod thing i got told me if the battery goes dead or is out for more than 30 minuits i could lose the tame sensitive music.
                  that just seemed like a bunch of garbage and a good reason the napsters or whatever keep poping up. who in there right mind wants to rent music ?? are they sereous. that realy ticked me off when i first read it. and as for being able to rip my CD's?? still trying to figure that out but i think i got it going threw winamp. as for needing to download other stuff the wife left me a list already to try to find. its only about 10 songs i think but yep i gotta find a site for that too. free would be nice, we are talking all old stuff nothing real new, were more old school rock then the new junk. the wife has to make me a list as i cant remember the song name much less the groop or album name. a few sites she can cruzz for stuff would be cool and save me a bunch of time and hassel. one thing i know for shore , there is no way i am going to pay to download a song i can only listen to for a month, thats just stupid. but buying the stuff by the song or album would be ok if its mine to keep for all time, not just for a set time.

any how if you have some ideas shoot me a PM or e-mail.
                  thanks
                  james
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

• r90s
                    • Apr 2007

Ok Now!

i think i read about the DRM, is that the one that only plays for a set amount of time then you lose it?? the i-pod thing i got told me if the battery goes dead or is out for more than 30 minuits i could lose the tame sensitive music.
                    that just seemed like a bunch of garbage and a good reason the napsters or whatever keep poping up. who in there right mind wants to rent music ?? are they sereous... that realy ticked me off when i first read it. and as for being able to rip my CD's?? still trying to figure that out but i think i got it going threw winamp. as for needing to download other stuff the wife left me a list already to try to find. its only about 10 songs i think but yep i gotta find a site for that too. free would be nice, we are talking all old stuff nothing real new, were more old school rock then the new junk. the wife has to make me a list as i cant remember the song name much less the groop or album name.. a few sites she can cruzz for stuff would be cool and save me a bunch of time and hassel. one thing i know for shore , there is no way i am going to pay to download a song i can only listen to for a month, thats just stupid. but buying the stuff by the song or album would be ok if its mine to keep for all time, not just for a set time.

any how if you have some ideas shoot me a PM or e-mail.
                    thanks
                    james
                    James,
                    Just create you a folder on your hard drive called MP3s.
                    Then inside of that you can create some sub folders Like:
                    ........ 1. "My Country Do's"
                    .........2. "My Acid Rock Collection"
                    .........3. "My Eastern Uzbekistan Hip Hop favorites"
                    .........4. ECT.
                    Put your converted songs in um.

Then if things go wrong, you can just copy it back over
                    With all af the players you could loose your collection, and why have to create it again.

My Idea about it....

I think now you can learn about song tags.

Both programs that you got will handle them just fine, and even download the name of artist, ablum, song, date, and stuff, automomatactically.

Just check it out. when your not combing your hair, and reading "Guns and Ammo".

r90s

P.S.
                    There is public domain stuff out their, even though the mongrels at the RIAA are fighting to suppress it. They say the artists are losing money. My AZZ!
                    They don't pay um chicken feed. That is why that "Prince" guy will give you a free CD, cause he will only make any buck$ if he can get You to come to a tour show of his...
                    Boy are the record peps...er creeps... in a tizzy about that....threats abound......
                    Last edited by r90s; 07-19-2007, 09:02 AM. Reason: Mouse fell to floor-locked comp-threw away new mousepad
                    Careful with That Axe, Eugene

Comment

• grumpy42
                      • Jul 2007

as for needing to download other stuff the wife left me a list already to try to find. its only about 10 songs i think but yep i gotta find a site for that too.
                      You may want to try out one of the peer-to-peer (P2P) networks for downloading music. My personal favorite is eMule (http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1). eMule connects to the eDonkey network which I believe is one of the larger P2P networks. If you choose to use emule here a couple of tips for success:
                      - When you search for songs, sort the list by "availability" (click on availability at the top of the search list)
                      - Sort the "Servers" list by either "Files" or "Users"
                      - the eDonkey network uses a queue system (to prevent too many users simultaneously connecting to individual peers) so you may have to wait a little while for the download to start (especially if not many people are hosting the file). The best thing to do is start downloading all of the files you want and leave it alone for a while.

Have fun
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      MM252 w/ Spoolmatic 30A
                      Spectrum 675

Comment

• fun4now
                        • Aug 2006

thanks guys, i'll do a lil looking around to see what i can finde in the P2P stuff.
                        the winamp thing mentioned a few things also i realy need to read up on it some more too.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

• fun4now
                          • Aug 2006

are there chat sites like this one for music?? so i can stop bugging every one here??
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

• Bert
                            • Mar 2007

the wife has to make me a list as i cant remember the song name much less the groop or album name0
                            James, don't forget who's on this forum!!!
                            You may have to explain to Wireburner and Weld13 (maybe their parents also)
                            what and "album" is
                            I'm not late...
                            I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

• fun4now
                              • Aug 2006

You may have to explain to Wireburner and Weld13 (maybe their parents also)
                              what and "album" is

LOL, ya never know they might be into that retro thing, or could be rapper fans. don't they still make albums so they can spin-scratch-and run them backward??although i cant remember when backwaed running was popular????
                              in all seriousness i think they do still make them although i think the 45's are just history.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

• wireburner
                                • Dec 2006

Hey Now calm down!!! J/K

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X