X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t chassis
    started a topic Newest project

Newest project

Just thought i would post a couple pics of my latest project.....Its for a friend of mine....its a drag chassis for his four wheeler....ill post pics as i get more done.....let me know what ya think
    Attached Files

• t chassis
    replied
    i have more pics but not on this computer ill get more posted soon....what do you guys think so far?

Leave a comment:

• t chassis
    replied
    well as you said i would be using the mounting points that the stock set-up used but i would be re-designing the a-arms and swingarm so they would have better travel and be a smoother ride...

and as for the full rigid we run mostly on sand tracks so its not to bad lol but there are times that i wish i had suspension....the only reason we dont run suspension is when taking off it allows the bike to squat and the shock compressing takes power away from what your tring to transfer from the motor to the track, with shocks it also has to go through the shock before making it to the track.....

and for adjustability, you cant really see in the pics but the swingarn has 5 holes in it...allowing it to adjust from a +4 inch swingarm to +8 in 1 inch increments....and the front has been extended 20 inches longer than the stock chassis, so in all my wheelbase is going to be anywhere from 24-28 inches longer than the stock chassis....

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    couldn't you just take a new one and build a jig around it ? i mean you are not trying to redesign it just keep from spending so much on new one's right ??
    if you did want to redesign it, you still only have to make a jig to cover the attachment points and keep it strait.
    just don't over think it and yo should have no trouble making a jig to produce a swing arm.
    keep us posted and be shore to post up some pic's.

a rigid frame..... sounds like a ruff ride, but i suspect for a drag bike it could be an OK ride. but did you build in any adjust ability to improve the ride or is it a full rebuild to make any changes ??
    looks great, cant wait to see it ready to ride.

Leave a comment:

• t chassis
    replied
    here are a few pics of my newest build...its a fully rigid chassis with an adjustable swingarm...first one i have ever tried like this...let me know what you think...i still have about 2 days worth of work to finish it...ill post pics of the finished project soon.....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ligito
    replied
    Maintain those ethics and you will do well.

Leave a comment:

• t chassis
    replied
    I have never made a jig for a set of suspended a-arms just jigs for a-arms like these...i have a whole new jig now and am almost finished with another chassi i will post pics of it soon....but i have been wanting to build a set of a-arms like you are talking about i just dont have a trail bike so i cant do it, and i want to build a set for a personal bike a test them before i would chance selling someone something i have never personally tested....as for swingarms i have a jig set-up to build any type of atv swingarm well as far as chain driven atv...but also have only built swingarms for drag bikes which dont do any ramping or anything, i dont doubt that i would be able to build one for trail riding, but again i want to try it and ride it personally before i would put someone else in danger....

Leave a comment:

• welder13
    replied
    Originally posted by t chassis View Post
    newset update sorry its been awhile guys lol had these pics just never posted..
    Hey how do you make jigs for your swingarms and a-arms? I race them and $600 for a set of steel arms is insane and $500 for an aluminum swingarm is even worse, I've been trying to think of way to make a jig for my suzuki quadracer arms. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    cool looks like it's going to be fun.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrachop
    replied
    T Chassis,

good on ya! The Banshee looks hot! You will love the tig welding once you get into it! I have had my Dynasty for a couple of months now and it truly addicting! I haven't by any means mastered it but it opens up so many options as to what I can weld, my only regrets are that I didn't have one 10 years ago!

As for tungsten grinding, yup in the beginning you will learn as much about tungsten grinding as welding! I found that my little Dremel tool with their diamond cutoff wheel works great and takes up no real estate and (I already had it) I also got a glass smooth grind in a matter of seconds (chuck the tungsten in a cordless) the Dremel held in a vertical position.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• t chassis
    replied
    newset update sorry its been awhile guys lol had these pics just never posted..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• t chassis
    replied
    thats my tape measure actually but it does look like that lol i never noticed that until you said something.....

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Really cool project, cant wait to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing the progress. I meant to post earlier but forgot. I was wondering what the thing on the floor is in the last picture on youre first post. It looks like a little miniature Miller Elite American Flag welding helmet.

Leave a comment:

• t chassis
    replied
    yes i was going to get that one they seemed pretty much the same....and i bought 5 dies with mine so i wouldnt have to worry about getting them later on....

Leave a comment:

• pyro2
    replied
    Ahh yes... that is prety much the same as the one i use, got mine from "pro-tools" down in Fla. cost was O.K. around $900.00 with one die back in 2001... i'm sure they've gone up since

Leave a comment:

Working...
X