Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ligito
    • Oct 2008

Maintain those ethics and you will do well.
    Millermatic 211 AutoSet w/MVP
    Century 110 volt 90/110 MIG-Gone to my son, in Texas
    Victor SuperRange OA
    Milwaukee Cold Cut Saw
    Milwaukee Portable Deep Cut Bandsaw
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg
    Jet Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
    Jet MD-18 Mill Drill
    Orbit Drill Press
    12 Ton Floor Press
    2002 E-350 V-10:
    1983 F-150 4.9L 6
    2004 Honda ST1300
    2007 Suzuki LTA400F Quad
    1997 Suzuki DR650

Comment

• t chassis
      • Apr 2008

here are a few pics of my newest build...its a fully rigid chassis with an adjustable swingarm...first one i have ever tried like this...let me know what you think...i still have about 2 days worth of work to finish it...ill post pics of the finished project soon.....
      Attached Files

Comment

• fun4now
        • Aug 2006

couldn't you just take a new one and build a jig around it ? i mean you are not trying to redesign it just keep from spending so much on new one's right ??
        if you did want to redesign it, you still only have to make a jig to cover the attachment points and keep it strait.
        just don't over think it and yo should have no trouble making a jig to produce a swing arm.
        keep us posted and be shore to post up some pic's.

a rigid frame..... sounds like a ruff ride, but i suspect for a drag bike it could be an OK ride. but did you build in any adjust ability to improve the ride or is it a full rebuild to make any changes ??
        looks great, cant wait to see it ready to ride.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

• t chassis
          • Apr 2008

well as you said i would be using the mounting points that the stock set-up used but i would be re-designing the a-arms and swingarm so they would have better travel and be a smoother ride...

and as for the full rigid we run mostly on sand tracks so its not to bad lol but there are times that i wish i had suspension....the only reason we dont run suspension is when taking off it allows the bike to squat and the shock compressing takes power away from what your tring to transfer from the motor to the track, with shocks it also has to go through the shock before making it to the track.....

and for adjustability, you cant really see in the pics but the swingarn has 5 holes in it...allowing it to adjust from a +4 inch swingarm to +8 in 1 inch increments....and the front has been extended 20 inches longer than the stock chassis, so in all my wheelbase is going to be anywhere from 24-28 inches longer than the stock chassis....

Comment

• t chassis
            • Apr 2008

i have more pics but not on this computer ill get more posted soon....what do you guys think so far?

Comment

Working...
            X