X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottw
    started a topic My Homemade Backhoe

My Homemade Backhoe

Well there has been some interest in a few of my projects so I decided to start a new topic for each. This way each project is separate. This is the CDP backhoe I built a while ago. I bought plans for it.

scott
    Attached Files

• jwsrep
    replied
    What a great project Scott. Very nicely done.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Price of ScottW's backhoe: $2,500
    Price of a Harbor Freight backhoe: $3,000
    Time ScottW's backhoe will last?.....price

LOL.
    verry nice job. i would love to make one. maybe some day i'll have the $$ to get the stuff for making one. would make a great winter project.

Leave a comment:

• kjlindgr
    replied
    That's pretty darn cool!

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    Very nice job. Did the cylinders , pump and valves come as a kit or did you just piece it together. At any rate it looks good.

Ps: funny, my name is also Scott, and my last name bigins with a "W"

Leave a comment:

• acsuppa
    replied
    Very nice. Anyother project pics?

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Backhoe

Price of ScottW's backhoe: $2,500
    Price of a Harbor Freight backhoe: $3,000
    Time ScottW's backhoe will last?.....priceless

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    yeah but then you can say you built one yourself J/K

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    Originally posted by scottw View Post
    Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Right now I am in the process of building a small skidsteer loader. I will start a new thread for that. I am building it as I go, no plans.

scott
    nice bachhole , keep us posted on the skid steer loader like to see pics. of it sounds COOL

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    thanks for the imfo

Leave a comment:

• scottw
    replied
    Plans

The backhoe plans are available at www.cdp-backhoe.com. I liked his design the best and it was reasonably priced. There are a few others out there also, try doing a Google search on "backhoe plans" or "towable backhoe".

scott

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    nice job where did you purchase the plans that would be a good winter project

Leave a comment:

• scottw
    replied
    thanks!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Right now I am in the process of building a small skidsteer loader. I will start a new thread for that. I am building it as I go, no plans.

scott

Leave a comment:

replied
    You could have easily paid 10000$ for a factory made one. You saved alot of money, you got a backhoe exactly the way you want it, you have the satisfaction of a job well done and now you can brag about it to all your friends!

Leave a comment:

• Stick rod
    replied
    Very nice piece you`ve got there.The price to build is more than reasonable and you get to do what we all like to,WELD.With the size and specs of youre backhoe you should be able to recoup the cost to build in short order.Again nice job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X