X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny
    started a topic spinner target- small second project

spinner target- small second project

I got a Millermatic 140 as the first welder ever and enjoy being able to fix and make.

The aluminum welding has progressed, a little bit, and there's hope.

Here's a spinner target I made and it works great. The bearings are stainless tubing:

Last edited by Johnny; 09-19-2008, 08:35 AM.

• Johnny
    replied
    Got busy and ingnored my own posting- shame on me.

Thanks for the replies. Yesterday I shot the spinners at 50 yards regretfully only hitting the bigun 3 out of 5. This was only ever intended for use with "adult air rifles" and a .22lr would probably pop its cork. The small target is 7/8" and the large one is 1-3/8"

As far as this question:
    "Why no stainless for the down lengthes and targets?" I am too cheap to use my very limited stainless stock and the solid steel upright could be beaten into hard/dry clay repeatedly.

Here's my favorite squirlling gun (air rifle) in .22:

After recently adding a 7-shot magazine and bit of bling using muriatic acid to remove blueing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-02-2008, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FormerTankSarge
    replied
    Nice Job

I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Jim-TX
    replied
    Johnny, there is no limit as to what you can do. I'd hate to think about not having a welder since I can "fix" stuff that other people just look at and scratch their heads.

Leave a comment:

• lanceman73
    replied
    Target

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    I got a Millermatic 140 as the first welder ever and enjoy being able to fix and make.

The aluminum welding has progressed, a little bit, and there's hope.

Here's a spinner target I made and it works great. The bearings are stainless tubing:

So you used all thread with stainless tubing for the spinning part? Why no stainless for the down lengthes and targets? It's way strong!

Leave a comment:

• markhs
    replied
    It looks good, what Caliber bullet are you shooting it with, it doesn't looking like it would take much more than a 22 to penetrate straight through.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X