No announcement yet.

Trailer Repair Project - Ramp

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trailer Repair Project - Ramp

    While working on the mud flaps, I noticed that the square tubing of the ramp on the trailer had rusted through and was badly in need of repair. The original ramp had a span of 5’ but used only three 1” square tubes for the beam members. (Most designs that I have seen use five 1.5” tubing with a shorter span). This design was marginal even before the tubing rusted through. I replaced the rusted out tubing and added two more bars for a total of five. In addition I added truss members on all five beams, to beef them up. I also replaced the missing section of expanded metal used for the deck of the ramp. Fortunately Guy had a left over piece of expanded metal that matched perfectly. Last but not least I added a new latch mechanism complete with a place to store the latch pin when not in use. Attached are pictures of the repaired trailer.
    Attached Files
    Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Lincoln LE 31 MP
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press