X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lucky
    • Aug 2007

New Miller Hemlets???

The digital elite series has a Lens Power control of Manual-On and Auto-Off... What do they mean by Manual on? Is it still auto-darkening? I'm sure it has to be. Someone enlighten me, I am a bit confused.
    They don't call me Lucky for nothin'.
  • Icarus
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    The digital elite series has a Lens Power control of Manual-On and Auto-Off... What do they mean by Manual on? Is it still auto-darkening? I'm sure it has to be. Someone enlighten me, I am a bit confused.
    Means you have to turn it on before welding unlike the performance series i have that turns on as soon as the arc is struck. The auto off just turns it off after a few minutes of no use to save battery power.
    Last edited by Icarus; 09-11-2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Lucky
      • Aug 2007

As not to run the battery down, I guess. So, it is still auto darkening. Thanks!
      They don't call me Lucky for nothin'.

Comment

• Marcel Bauer
        • Sep 2008

You have to turn the helmet on as you start to work, not before every weld. If some minutes go by without use the helmet will turn itself off.

I haven't used the Miller model, but I think it is always dark if the power is off. Turn the power on and you have an auto-darkening helmet. If several minutes pass without use it will shut the power off again.

These helmets may leave the power on if you set it on the bench looking at a bright light on the ceiling (I THINK...)
        "If you build it, they will come!"

Comment

• shorerider16
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Marcel Bauer View Post
          You have to turn the helmet on as you start to work, not before every weld. If some minutes go by without use the helmet will turn itself off.

I haven't used the Miller model, but I think it is always dark if the power is off. Turn the power on and you have an auto-darkening helmet. If several minutes pass without use it will shut the power off again.

These helmets may leave the power on if you set it on the bench looking at a bright light on the ceiling (I THINK...)
          Unless the D-Elites have change, the miller helmets all default to there light shade. If you forget to turn it on you'll end up seeing spots for a second or two, kinda annoying, but you'll become trained to turn it on after a while.
          Owner of Burnt Beard Fabrication & Welding Ltd.

BigBlue 500D
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 211
          4' Box and Pan Break
          IR compressor

Comment

• Rubiconmike
            • Sep 2008

Yup when off you will get the flash.
            My teacher got flashed while giveing a demo.
            I have an optrell and love it!
            my welder is miller.
            my optrell works off of solar power only no battery.
            There both about the same cost
            Read up on both and see what you need.
            Millermatic 135
            Dynasty 200DX

Comment

• Icarus
              • Oct 2007

Optrel Satellite will definatly be my next helmet. Mom works at Air Liquide so I can get it for their cost, $275.

Comment

Working...
              X