Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weld_13
    replied
    To be honest i picked up that same machine from the store and returned it without even using it because it was to cheapo. It doesnt have amp settings or a foot pedal ect. I would check into a century if you looking for cheap and durable.

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    reckon this would be a good machinehttp://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...291&pricetype= do any of y`all have one like ?

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    I was wondering how , Harbor freight s are and campbeel hausfeild ,just wanted to know

Leave a comment:

• mwccwi
    replied
    Originally posted by wireburner View Post
    I`am going to save up enough and buy a new stick machine but don`t know which 1 The lincoln AC-225C, or the Lincoln AC/DC 225/125, Or should I geta Miller Thunderbolt® XL 225 AC, Or shold I get the Miller Thunderbolt® XL 225/150 AC/DC ,
    Choosing an AC/DC will allow for more welding options should you find it easy to become proficient with SMAW. As for name brand- Both that you have mentioned have good reputations. Don’t forget about Sears- easy credit then you’ll be stick welding sooner. What about Harbor Freight from reading the threads from there stuff might provide a cheaper option? Good luck with the SMAW it will be faster than TIG and the bonus is you can still weld with your fan blowing on you during the hot days of summer.

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    I know , going to ask my cuz he has some Lincoln stick machine and a miller stick machine

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    it's a ford chevy thing realy, they are both good welder manufac. eather one will be a good solid welder. i prefer miller but its your $$

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    Which 1??

I`am going to save up enough and buy a new stick machine but don`t know which 1 The lincoln AC-225C, or the Lincoln AC/DC 225/125, Or should I geta Miller Thunderbolt® XL 225 AC, Or shold I get the Miller Thunderbolt® XL 225/150 AC/DC ,

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    I may just save up enough to buy a buzz box or somthing

Leave a comment:

• ev372
    replied
    Try WWW.CRAIGSLIST.ORG and then pick a state/city that is close to you. You can search "welder". In Tampa, FL a guy had a Miller Stick 220 for 150.00

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    may save up enough and get a buzzzz box , or if i found a good deal on one of those campbell hausfields , any 1 got a campbell hausfield?

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    do you have access to a 220V circuit???
    if si it would be best to save up a lil and get a decent buzz box. after all it will last a life time.
    and then itll go a little bit longer

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    do you have access to a 220V circuit???
    if si it would be best to save up a lil and get a decent buzz box. after all it will last a life time.

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    heres a 115 but only 70 amp http://cgi.ebay.com/Campbell-Hausfel...QQcmdZViewItem
    and another or the same thing but new http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Campbell-Hau...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by weld_13; 06-27-2007, 11:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    how about usin some car batterys and a light dimmer switch if all else fails . i think im gonna try it with a spool gun . does anybody know what has to be setup between a gas cylinder regulator and the spool gun? isnt there a gas solinoid or somethin ?

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    is there anyones u can just use ur own rod to practice with and use their welder? when i started welding i bought my own hood, rod,grinder ect. and used g-pas welder till i got my own and so when i got it there was nothin else to buy except the welder cause i already had it all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X