used stick machine wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireburner,
    I had a thunderbolt as my 1st welder. Didn't use it much...got bummed about the crank adjustment, but it welded very well the 1st 7 years whenever I DID use it...Sold it for $200 to a friend and he's happy with it...I suggest you buy miller,lincoln,or hobart. At a Lincoln tent sale I went to 3 years ago, one of the big wigs from the mainland answered my question: "what is your personal opinion on who is the best, Miller vs. Lincoln?" He gave me a very honest answer: "their both excellent machines, it depends on who gives you better service." Hands down, I think it's Miller/Airgas/Gaspro...I'm a "BLUE MAN"
    Stay away from Campbell Hausefeld/Sears/and other cr*p. There is another thread telling you not to buy them as you will be throwing your money away...
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

HEY!!!! i started using my spell checker..... .....well some times.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU GOING TO START USING YOUR GRAMMER CHECKER ALSO???!!!!!
        I'm not late...

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
          THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU GOING TO START USING YOUR GRAMMER CHECKER ALSO???!!!!!
          Haha. Well its at least a start
          welding...its awsome

Comment

True dat!!!
            I'm not late...

Comment

naaa, mommy said i didnt hav ta, so dare ya be!!.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Well, if momma is much younger than me and gonna take care of me when I get old, I'd listen to her
                I'm not late...

Comment

belive I`am going to get a Lincoln ac/dc machine,, hey y`all don`t get madd get Glad

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

New or used? At least it's a ac/dc...good Lincoln...bad
                    I'm not late...

Comment

hey whats so wrong with lincoln?
                      welding...its awsome

Comment

It's red That goes to you to James
                        Like I mentioned in another post. One of the guys that came from the mainland for the Lincoln tent sale, said they are both excellent machines; choose which one you want based on customer service...over here, Gaspro and Miller gives me MUCH better service
                        Will yours be new or used?
                        There are a lot of guys on this forum that use Lincoln, so you will have a lot of help if you buy red. At the Lincoln tent sale, I've seen and tried a lot of them for TIG,MIG and stick. They're very impressive also
                        I'm not late...

Comment

Yes you do have a very good point. The reason i went with a lincoln buzz box for a stick welder was because of cost and reliability because i had more experience with the lincoln stick welders and new that they could handle a beatin. When it comes down to service miller will win 99% of the time in my area as much as i hate to say it because its really the area your in and the service quality.
                          welding...its awsome

Comment

Bert

like to have a used 1, reason i want ac/dc is so later I can get ever thing to tig with it

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

I want a used Lincoln 225/125 Ac/dc machine , it has to be $250 with shipping or less

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

I would also suggest a ac/dc thunderbolt even though no one else has because I think those are sometimes cheaper
                                welding...its awsome

Comment

Working...
                                X