Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weld_13
    replied
    That is a great deal but I think he had like a $250 budget. Looks like a nice machine to have.

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied
    Miller AC/DC Thunderbolts usually run about 500$ new. Hobart Stickmates are a little less.

This is a good deal for $550.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLER-CST-280-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Leave a comment:

• dabar39
    replied
    used welder

wireburner, Be patient and continue to look around for a good quality, brand name machine. The cheapo's at HF and the like are not going to last very long at all. I would suggest you get copies of all of the local papers and any other type of classified publications and look there. You should be able to find a good A.C. buzz box for about 100-150 bucks in used condition, AC/DC will be a little more but they are out there. Try ebay and craigs list as well. Another idea is to check with all of the welding businesses in your area, maybe they have one they are looking to get rid of. Just trying to give you a few suggestions so you don't waste your money. Dave

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    Well I bought a HF cheapo after noumerous people saying they were junk and guess what mine turned out to be too just like they said. I would get the stickmate but first look around at welding stores cause some stock used welders and also check at tractor supply if your going to get the stickmate just takes a phone call cause I know they sell em but don't know for how much.

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    is this any good http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=55195 if not may have to go with this http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...4603_200304603

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    haha I know you want cheap and thats what I looked for in mine but just don't buy a piece of trash thats been beat to nothin thats all I'm sayin

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    miller,Lincoln or hobart aslong as it is under $250 I good

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    Well from what I hear the hobarts are a little iffy on high amp range and duty cycle but I wouldn't know for shure would have to ask on the hobart board

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    or a hobart ac/dc stick mate whatever that is under $250

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    I would also suggest a ac/dc thunderbolt even though no one else has because I think those are sometimes cheaper

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    I want a used Lincoln 225/125 Ac/dc machine , it has to be $250 with shipping or less

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    Bert

like to have a used 1, reason i want ac/dc is so later I can get ever thing to tig with it

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    Yes you do have a very good point. The reason i went with a lincoln buzz box for a stick welder was because of cost and reliability because i had more experience with the lincoln stick welders and new that they could handle a beatin. When it comes down to service miller will win 99% of the time in my area as much as i hate to say it because its really the area your in and the service quality.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    It's red That goes to you to James
    Like I mentioned in another post. One of the guys that came from the mainland for the Lincoln tent sale, said they are both excellent machines; choose which one you want based on customer service...over here, Gaspro and Miller gives me MUCH better service
    Will yours be new or used?
    There are a lot of guys on this forum that use Lincoln, so you will have a lot of help if you buy red. At the Lincoln tent sale, I've seen and tried a lot of them for TIG,MIG and stick. They're very impressive also

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    hey whats so wrong with lincoln?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X