• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Man
    replied
    I agree

Originally posted by 84ZMike View Post
    I just picked up a used Maxstar 150s for $400 the other day....... I wired up my 220v cord and burned about 6 6011 1/8" rods.......all I can say is WOW......this has the easiest arc start I have ever seen........I started out @90 amps.......ran the 6011's just fine.....so I decided to turn her up a little...120 amps......she would burn um as fast as I could feed um......great little machine.....my only fear is that it may spoil me with the easy arc start .
    Mike
    Yeah i bought a maxstar 150 STH it works great. That hot start is a really good feature

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Originally posted by juicy View Post
    know where i could pick up a maxstar 150s for 400? i would buy one today!
    Nope.....but I know where you could get one for $600

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by 84ZMike View Post
    I just picked up a used Maxstar 150s for $400 the other day....... I wired up my 220v cord and burned about 6 6011 1/8" rods.......all I can say is WOW......this has the easiest arc start I have ever seen........I started out @90 amps.......ran the 6011's just fine.....so I decided to turn her up a little...120 amps......she would burn um as fast as I could feed um......great little machine.....my only fear is that it may spoil me with the easy arc start .
    Mike
    know where i could pick up a maxstar 150s for 400? i would buy one today!

Leave a comment:

• phaxtris
    replied
    6010 is the only 1/8th rod i burn on that machine, lincoln fleetweld 5p+, i havent tried 7018 1/8th, only 3/32, i dont feel the machine really has the power to burn 1/8 7018 very well

when i have it on stick i only use 220, it blows the breaker to fast on 110

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Well no 6010's,but I did pick up another 5lbs of 6011's 1/8 and a rod container ........I'll stop in at our welding shop at work and see if they have a few 6010's 1/8" that I can grab for some trial and error.......phaxtris is it all 1/8 rods you are having a hard time with?.........I had to really watch what I was doing with the 1/8 6011's on 110 volts....but on 220 no problems at all......the rods I was using were / are some elcheapos from Carquest .
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• phaxtris
    replied
    Originally posted by Sundown View Post
    Mike,

If, or when you run some 1/8" 6010's I would be interested in the results. I could not keep one lit up with either my STL to the STH, but I could run 3/32" 6010's with no problem, of course it might have been just me as I am not the best SMAW welder in the world, closer to the wosrt I imagine. Did not have any problem with anything else in sizes 1/8" down.

hey im not the only one! my stl wont keep 1/8th lit unless you have a real tight arc gap, kind of a pain in the *** with any out of position

and no its not me, any standard transformer or larger inverter machines dont give me this problem

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Cool, thanks ...

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    George,
    I'll see if Lowes has some in the morning....if so I'll pick up a box and run a few to see how they do. I'm no great SMAW'r myself.....I'll also pick up a few 7014's from a friend of mine next week and see how they do.......
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Mike,

If, or when you run some 1/8" 6010's I would be interested in the results. I could not keep one lit up with either my STL to the STH, but I could run 3/32" 6010's with no problem, of course it might have been just me as I am not the best SMAW welder in the world, closer to the wosrt I imagine. Did not have any problem with anything else in sizes 1/8" down.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    every one has always been real happy with the maxstarts, just think how much you are going to like the dynasty when you get there.

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    started a topic Maxstar 150s feedback....

Maxstar 150s feedback....

Mike
Working...
X