Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phila.renewal
    • Apr 2007

You can fabricate better than me and that deserves my respect.

I don't care if you are man or woman.

You are doing a great job.

Keep the pics coming.

Comment

• Black Wolf
      • May 2007

Speechless

Wow....you exhibit a level of skill and artistry that leaves me in awe. Truly impressive abilities. I can only dream of being that talented.
      You have my respect and admiration.

Later,
      Later,
      Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

• Roospike
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by weldress View Post
        I am a professional sculptor in welded steel, much enjoying my new Miller MIG.
        I am currently working on a lifesize Muskox. I made a small one first to get all the proportions and pose worked out and now I am building the big one(5 feet at the shoulder) I am using 1/8th inch Corten steel plate, cutting with a plasma cutter. I have met a few women in my field. Maybe there are more out there.

I'll have to agree with "professional sculptor" i dont care who the he11 somebody is , if one has talent to do such work i would say professional.

I too would welcome more pictures of your progress and also other work you have done.

Comment

• HMW
          • Mar 2006

I would quote everybody else, but too many good ones. Thats fantastic work and have never seen anything quite like it. Very detailed, welcome aboard!

ps: It doesn't matter if your male or female, your work speaks for it self.
          Scott
          HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

• Leons2003
            • Sep 2005

Weldress

That is so cool, interesting that you are showing the hair/wool flowing in the breeze, very realistic.
            Thanks for posting and looking forward to future pics.
            L*S

Comment

• fun4now
              • Aug 2006

yep the flowing thing makes it loook like its out on the plains.
              i still gotta see some more of your work. i can just imagen how the others look and cant wait to show them to the wife.
              the best part about some thing like this is you cant coppy it, you eather can do it or you cant. no book to show you how or what to do. there is no fakeing it. you defenetly have a tallent for it, so show it off some more. hook us up with a link or some more pic's, do you have a web page ???
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

• weldress
                • Nov 2005

Moose

Two photos....going down the highway standing up, unlike most moose in hunting season, and, installed in its current spot.....91/2 feet to the top of the rack, 1200 lbs. Corten 1/8th inch plate, Mig welder, one year to build.
                Attached Files

Comment

• dabar39
                  • Mar 2007

That's somethin else

what did I say earlier in this thread... amazing, simply amazing. Dave
                  If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
                  Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

• fun4now
                    • Aug 2006

verry cool.
                    looks like a city truck giveing him a lift, did the city buy him or is that your truck ??
                    great work.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

• weldress
                      • Nov 2005

The Chestnut Filly

The Corten steel turns the most beautiful colour...It takes a few years to finsih colouring and it does not corrode. I wet her down for the photo.
                      I have a friend with a pole-line truck who helps me move and install the work such as the moose and bears and wolves.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• JimYoung
                        • Jan 2007

Really nice art work... Question about the steel, do you use special wire in your mig welder, and if not, what do you do to keep the weld joints from rusting and deteriorating over time, since apparently Corten steel is made to weather and "grow" it's natural color.."?
                        Thanks for sharing..
                        Jim
                        sigpicJim Young
                        www.JimYo.com
                        www.youtube.com/jimyo01

Comment

• dabar39
                          • Mar 2007

Truly gifted

that's all I can say, you are truly gifted. Outstanding works of art. I have a million questions about your art work, but you leave me speechless. Dave

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

• Geronimo
                            • Apr 2007

whatcha gonna do with that muskox??

Comment

• HMW
                              • Mar 2006

Whats corten steel? What is it used for? I showed the guys in the shop your pics and they agreed....awesome!
                              Scott
                              HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

• dabar39
                                • Mar 2007

corten steel

HMW, If I remember correctly corten steel is a high strength brittle steel with the ability to basically form an outer layer or crust (something to do with the alloy contents) when exposed to the elements. The outer layer will weather (rust) with out damaging the inner layers of the material. I believe it's mainly used in marine applications. I could be wrong or misinformed so if anyone knows better, stop me before I make a fool of myself and give the proper info. Dave
                                Last edited by dabar39; 06-17-2007, 06:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X