X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monte55
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by WELD 15 View Post
    I would try pigskin, it is light weight, abrasion resistant and much cooler than leather.
    Why should a cute pig go naked just so you can learn to weld?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

• Anti-GMAW
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
      Why should a cute pig go naked just so you can learn to weld?
      He cant be naked if I had him for breakfest already.

Comment

• MintSScout
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
        naa NY a few months ago just as spring was getting started, so the jacket was a good thing. but i still would have ben in it if it had not been cool out. 2 wire cup brushes and 2 flap disks and 2 welders all going under 1 car at the same time. it was a good thing.
        You should see the in Northern Ohio it 90 degrees on day then it dropped to the 50's for a couple then went back to the 90's.

Comment

• weld_13
          • Mar 2007

personally i cant afford the nice full leather jackets but ive got severall of the approns and lots of gloves that i hardly if at all use. i usaully wear a blue-jean jacket and gloves.
          welding...its awsome

Comment

• wireburner
            • Dec 2006

in the summer I usally wear my leather gloves, and flame resdtint sleeves, t-shirt In the winter time usally wear leather jacket, leather gloves

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

• alha
              • Aug 2006

I think this is kinda on topic, I was bopping around the Miller site, saw a blurb about their new gear, gloves, coats, etc. Anyone have any experience with them, how do they stack up to others out there? Is it just advertising the Miller name when you're working, or do they make good stuff? Is the price comparable to other brands out there?

Comment

• fun4now
                • Aug 2006

Miller gloves

i was luckily one of the testers of the miller glove line and i have to say its all top notch stuff. a lil more $$ than the other brands but defently werth it in mine and most all the other testers as well as a few that bought them and just wanted to chime in. there is a post about it on both eht miller motorsports site (ask andy) and on this one. i will look for a link to them for you.
                i am shore if you try them you will be verry happy with them.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

• fun4now
                  • Aug 2006

over 100 posts about them

and another 50 here

try these
                  Last edited by fun4now; 06-08-2007, 11:09 PM.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

• fun4now
                    • Aug 2006

FWIW;
                    i am still using the first set of gloves miller sent me and although not nearly as prity, they are still holding up great. so unforchenetly no excuse to buy new ones. they do not shrink up with heat like the other brands and i have been working them verry hard. i usualy use a heat shield on my left hand to protect the glove to keep it from shrinking up and becomeing deformed and useless. thinking that not a fair test of millers gloves and wanting them to get there money's werth out of the test pair they sent me i have not been using the heat shield. and yet the gloves are still holding strong and are not deformed. i am verry happily suprised by this. great gloves, i will spend the $$ to get the same kind again. well if they ever weare out that is. well werth the $$
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    JAMES

Comment

• Roospike
                      • Sep 2005

Welding leathers

Normally i grab my denim button up shirt and the welding gloves , when I'm doing over head , outside welding or a lot of hot welding i grab my "Revco Black Stallion DuraLite Premium Grain Pigskin Welding Coat" It 1/2 the weight of cowhide leathers and a better fit.

I have tried to get the Miller welding jacket but all my LWS didnt know Miller had welding jackets and gloves I cant find the gloves in stock or the jacket on the net and have won some Ebay auctions on these items and was told there all backordered so i was sent my $$ back What a b.i.t.c.h .

For gloves i have always used the Tillman 750 elkskin gloves but i have found local the Hobart welding gloves that are like the Miller gloves but are selling for $25. , Great gloves but I'm not going to keep spending $25. on the Hobart ones.

I did ask on the Miller gloves thread if the Hobart and Miller gloves were the same but got the shaft on any answer.

I would have to agree on the pigskin jackets being top quality. The Revco Black Stallion DuraLite Premium Grain Pigskin Welding Coat i bought was around $80. but is well worth the moneys. No luck on the Miller items.

NOTE TO MILLER! Whats the deal with your jackets and gloves !?!?!?
                      I want but cant seem to get.

(pictured is the Revco Black Stallion pigskin)http://www.blackstallion.com/
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Roospike; 06-08-2007, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• fun4now
                        • Aug 2006

try cyber weld
                        MIG gloves $17
                        Buy discount welding supplies from Cyberweld. We carry everything from welders to helmets from top brands like Miller®, Lincoln Electric® and more.

MIG/stick heavy duty $20
                        Buy discount welding supplies from Cyberweld. We carry everything from welders to helmets from top brands like Miller®, Lincoln Electric® and more.

TIG gloves $19

metalworker gloves $15

they also have the combo jacket $75 that seems a bit high even for miller. no way i could aford it.
                        and the combo sleves $19 more realistic $

keep in mind most say the gloves seem a size smaller than most other brands so you might want to order 1 size larger than you normaly would. i got a med. and think its a great fit.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

• Roospike
                          • Sep 2005

I'll have to see if they have stock "on-hand" and not the backordered sales.

The welding jacket I'm looking for is the full miller welding jacket http://store.cyberweld.com/mileweja.html

I'd like to check out the Miller metal working gloves .......tillmans are soft and loose and might last 4 hours. I use the ****ies black and brown gloves now ($15.) and i get a good 2-4 weeks out of them before the front two fingers get holes in the end.

The Hobart welding gloves are great but high $$ , I'd like to know if there built like the Miller mig or the heavy duty stick gloves.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Roospike
                            • Sep 2005

Hobart gloves.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• fun4now
                              • Aug 2006

WOW!! thats a good looking jacket, but again out of my $$ range. bummer they didnt let me test it too.
                              do you have a pic of the hobart gloves ?? i have never seen them but would suspect they are the same.
                              i realy like the miller metal work gloves,they are holding up much better than i expected and way better than the craftsmen or other localy available ones that run $15-$20. you should give them a try, they have extra leather in the needed spots to help them hold up. mine are still good to go.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

• fun4now
                                • Aug 2006

they dont look the same as the miller on the back but i will have to take a look at the front (or palm side ) of the millers to be shore about the palm.
                                get some millers you will like them.
                                give cyber a call. some one must have some. as for LWS they have to chose to cary them miller cant make them. although i supose sending free displays would help but could realy be a high $$ investment that would likely cause a price increses. best to just request your local dealer order them for you or ask them about carying them. one place i went to idnt even know they were available or even existed, i showed him mine and he realy liked them but he cant order as he is a chain store with nopower to order.. keeping in mind most chain stores dont order there own stuff so they have to just see what the purchesing guys send, cant hurt to ask localy.
                                thanks for the help
                                ......or..........
                                hope i helped
                                sigpic
                                JAMES

Comment

Working...
                                X