Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tasslehawf
    replied
    Might have to get myself a little bottle of Helium.
    Last edited by tasslehawf; 05-06-2008, 10:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    replied
    How can I tell what type of aluminum I have?

Leave a comment:

• Stillwelding
    replied
    DC Straight TIG welding aluminum

Originally posted by 2much2do View Post
    in order to mig weld aluminum what is the recommended shielding gas? I've tigged aluminum before, but my cheap A$$ China freight tig doesn't have AC and what I have to weld is too much of a pain to bring to work. So I'd like to play with the mig before I go through all the B.S. of hauling this lid to work. It's a fibergladd tonneau lid for a 97-03 f-150. The frame cracked in a corner when it got blown off the sawbucks in a t-storm.

Thanks

Pete C.
    If you have a DC machine and are welding 6061, try TIG welding DC negative using 100% Helium and 4043 filler metal. Has to be real clean (acetone) and try brushing with S.S. brush. Takes a little practice but results are great.

Leave a comment:

• StillBoostin
    replied
    You must use straight Argon to Mig weld Aluminum. 20cfm while pulling the trigger. You have a spool gun right?

James
    Last edited by StillBoostin; 05-10-2008, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    started a topic mig weld aluminum

mig weld aluminum

in order to mig weld aluminum what is the recommended shielding gas? I've tigged aluminum before, but my cheap A$$ China freight tig doesn't have AC and what I have to weld is too much of a pain to bring to work. So I'd like to play with the mig before I go through all the B.S. of hauling this lid to work. It's a fibergladd tonneau lid for a 97-03 f-150. The frame cracked in a corner when it got blown off the sawbucks in a t-storm.

Thanks

Pete C.
Working...
X