Lawn mower fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn mower fix.

Here's another small project that i was the 3rd guy to work on it. It seems like i get it after everyone else has a shot at it. Oh well thats what i do best. I had to turn a new shaft on the lathe because the old one was all wore down in spots and it needed welded down farther so you wouldn't have to grind down the inside thus making it stronger...Bob

pic 1 old shaft with ear cut off in bandsaw.
    pic 2 new shaft and ear. the new shaft was turned with a big end to weld around.
    pic 3 outside welded first to keep the inside flush.
    pic 4 inside welded then around the shaft on the outside.
    Attached Files
    Bob Wright

nice work.
    man i gotta get a metal lath.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Good job metalmaster, kinda seems like a shame to put something that nice on a lawn mower. I wish I was skilled enough to run a lathe

Comment

metal master for a reason???

Bob, You get some of the strangest jobs come your way and it all looks good when its done. Can I borrow a cup of your skill.. and your lathe....
        Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
        Syncro200
        Spectrum 625
        O/A
        Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
        Standard modern lathe
        Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
        horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
        Roland XC540 PRO III
        54" laminator
        hammer and screwdriver (most used)
        little dog
        pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
          Bob, You get some of the strangest jobs come your way and it all looks good when its done. Can I borrow a cup of your skill.. and your lathe....
          Sure anytime but we are 3,000 miles apart . I have a Yahoo forum with lots of my lathe projects with lots of easy how to do pics. So join in and have fun. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbend10k/
          Seems like i get all the little odd jobs in this town which is fine it gives me something to do and tests my skills....Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

nothing like having a lil fun & adding a lil green to the wallet.................. well till the wife finds it anyway. i keep a stach for must have tools tucked away, hope she dosent read this.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

Very nice work as usual, never disappointed in viewing your repair work. Dave
              If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
              Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Thanks Dave...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
                X