• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-GMAW
    replied
    Originally posted by phila.renewal View Post
    MIG is faster.

TIG is funner.
    Thats the whole point of my screen name!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    LOL cant argue with that one.

Leave a comment:

• phila.renewal
    replied
    Originally posted by dabar39 View Post
    Why would you want to take all the extra time involved in welding a trailer with a tig ? It's a trailer not a show piece, yes tig looks nice but mig and stick is so much faster and when done right it looks good too. Dave
    MIG is faster.

TIG is funner.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i think he just wants the practise
    it will be fine for a trailor as they will be small welds then move and do another small weld, small being 3" and under. well within the duty cycle. stick would be a much faster way to do it. i'm just guessing its getting TIG for the paractise. the cooler will help no question about it, should make it a nice comfortable weld project.
    be shore to get us some pic's. we all love pic's

Leave a comment:

• dabar39
    replied
    just wondering?

Why would you want to take all the extra time involved in welding a trailer with a tig ? It's a trailer not a show piece, yes tig looks nice but mig and stick is so much faster and when done right it looks good too. Dave

Leave a comment:

• chris madden
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    it will do 1/4" but its at the top of the amp's so the duty cycle will be short.
    ok Its all I got so it will have to do the coolemate should help me a little!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    it will do 1/4" but its at the top of the amp's so the duty cycle will be short.

Leave a comment:

• chris madden
    replied
    ok yes i was going to tig weld it

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    even if he wanted to TIG it it would do the 1/4" in the small runs needed for a trailor assembly. small duty cycle but doable.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    I'll assume SMAW, so the answer is definitely yes, no problem.

Leave a comment:

• chris madden
    started a topic ? on Syncrowave 200

? on Syncrowave 200

I am making a trailer out of 1/4 in steel and dose the 200 weld up to 1/4 in i have never tryed it so i would like to know befor i buy the steel.
Working...
X